SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications for the Ohio State University’s Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship are now invited. Eligible candidates should be an exceptional student who is currently pursuing PhD degree in Spanish or Portuguese. Up to $34,000 of stipend, tuition and fee waiver will be granted to GAANN Fellowship winner. To apply, entries must be submitted no later than 6 March 2018.
The Ohio State University’s Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) is a federally funded graduate fellowship program. The fellowship is designed to assist students of superior ability who demonstrate financial need in obtaining a PhD in Spanish or Portuguese. GAANN Project seeks to contribute to the formation of a generation of teachers and researchers in Spanish and Portuguese.
Each of the winners of this GAANN Fellowship will receive up to $34,000 and a tuition and fee waiver.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate or PhD degree in Spanish or Portuguese.
Place of Study
At Ohio State University, USA
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be qualified for the GAANN Fellowship, students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Has applied to the graduate program in Spanish or Portuguese at OSU
- Demonstrates high promise or ability
- Has an excellent academic record
- Demonstrates financial need
- Plans to pursue the degree of PhD in Spanish or Portuguese
- Aims to pursue a career in teaching or research
- Is not ineligible to receive assistance under 34 CFR 75.60
- Is a US citizen or national, or is a permanent resident of the United States and can provide evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that s/he is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a permanent resident or is a citizen of any one of the Freely Associated States.
Only U.S citizens are invited to apply.
The application should be made online through online form at the website and application link below.
6 March 2018.