SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is inviting applications for FWO PhD fellowships available for students from EU or the EER or Switzerland.
The PhD Fellowship is the most important funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with: SCK•CEN, L’Oreal-Unesco, and VITO.
FWO seeks to develop students of faith, intellect, and character who have the skills and the desire to continue learning and to serve others throughout their lives.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The PhD research must be fundamental in nature.
- Scholarship Award: Net scholarship amount: minimum € 1,897.76.
- Nationality: EU or the EER or Switzerland
- Number of Scholarships: Limited number of fellowships is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from EU or the EER or Switzerland are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- If on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details).
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- On 1 October you have three years scientific seniority at most.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted at the office of the Research Foundation – Flanders, Egmontstraat 5, 1000 Brussels, no later than 17:00 on the closing date proceeding the period to which they relate.