The British Council is delighted to invite Applications from the International community for the Future Leaders Connect Programme in UK 2018. The Opportunity seeks to train applicants who are determined to become a Future Leader, in various Skills and international network exposure. This will increase their capacity to to make or influence policy changes, leading to long term impact on the social and economic development in their countries and beyond.
As a part of the programme, Future Leaders Connect Programme 2018 Winners will be required to travel to the UK from 22 October – 1 November, 2018.
The project is being undertaken to support the development of future policy makers in key countries, aiming to help them become exceptional leaders. The Programme is run by the British Council, 10 Spring Gardens, London SW1A 2BN, United Kingdom.
Level of Study:
The Opportunity is open for young Individuals within the age brackets of 18 and 35 years. Must have a good command on the use of English.
The Opportunity is hosted in the UK’s Capital, London.
Approximately 50 Participants will attend. Participating countries are: Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, the US, the UK.
This programme is fully funded for all the Future Leaders Connect Programme 2018 Winners. The costs of travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the British Council and the programme is fully accessible.
For those who do not gain one of the exclusive places on the programme, applicants will be invited to be part of the Future Leaders Connect Community where applicant can access a range of free online professional development policy and leadership resources.
Future Leaders Connect Programme Eligibility Criteria
The Programme is open to individuals of the participating countries who meet all the criteria listed below. The participating countries are: Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, UK and the USA.
To meet the Eligibility Criteria, listed below, Participants must be:
- Between 18 and 35 years old by 13 May, 2018.
- Be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (Generally applicant have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings. Applicant can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations).
- Hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from November 2018.
- Be based in one of the participating countries. In this case, being ‘based in’ means that applicant currently live in this country at the time of applying and applicant have a long term commitment to that country (their policy vision for change needs to match the country applicants are applying from).
- Be available to travel to the UK for 11 days around the time of 22 October to 1 November 2018.
How to Apply for the Future Leaders Connect Programme
The Programme will be promoted through the Future Leaders Connect website www.britishcouncil.org/future-leaders-connect and the Websites and Social Media of the British Council offices overseas.To apply, Participants must access the application link through the application link on the Future Leaders Connect website and then follow these steps:
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Answer the contact and eligibility questions
- Provide personal data
- Answer the professional and academic background questions
- Answer the Application Questions
- Answer EDI questions (this is not compulsory)
- Complete needs assessment questions
- Submit the application form
Participants are responsible for ensuring they complete the form fully and correctly. Once submitted, there is no option to change or edit the entry, but Participants can save and return to their application later.
Proof of identity and references will be required at a later date.
Participants will come to the UK for approximately ten days between 22 October and 1 November 2018, and will stay in Cambridge and London.
Application Closes 13 May 2018