Funza Lushaka bursary programme is a programme designed to assist train students in South Africa to become better teachers. Funza Lushaka bursary programme 2020 cover students tuition, accommodation including meals, books, and learning materials.
This opportunity is worth going for!
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme designed to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable eligible students to complete a teaching qualification in an area of national priority.
What you need to know about the Bursary programme
Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
The Department of Basic Education focuses on University across South Africa, from Grade R to 12 and adult literacy programs. The DBE was previously a part of the National Department of Education until it divides into 2: the DBE (Department of Basic Education) and DHE (Section of Degree)
The department’s objective is to produce a sustainable South African education system for the 21st century -where all students have access to teaching, education, and training. Their vision is the training system that will enhance the standard of life to many South Africans and generate a more calm, democratic and prosperous nation.
The Department of Education in South Africa features a bursary programme for both student teachers who need research financing.
Funza Lushaka Bursary is available for students to pursue a Teaching degree. And it is awarded in any subjects offered by the university.
The purpose of the bursary award would be always to simply help financially pitfalls students who plan on studying from the Education industry, who’ll eventually return to this community by teaching public schools.
You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
Funza Lushaka Bursary is available for South African citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Funza Lushaka bursary covers most of the recipient’s essential expenses. Expenses may cover include tuition, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
Note: bursary applicants will have to show in a public school to get an equal period of these bursaries.
Number of Scholarships
The Number of Funza Lushaka bursary programme offered in a year is not given.
Eligible Requirements for Funza Lushaka bursary programme
Bursaries will be awarded for the following qualifications: Bachelor of Education (BEd) / Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- Foundation Phase Teaching (Grades R-3): with a preference for African Languages
- Intermediate and Senior Phase Teaching (Grades 4-9): majoring in any of the following 2 subjects: Mathematics/ Languages/ Technology/ Natural Science
- FET Phase Teaching (Grades 10-12): majoring in any of the following 2 subjects: Accounting/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Technical Mathematics/ Agricultural Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Technical Science/ Geography/ Languages/ Agricultural Technology/ Civil Technology/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications Technology/ Electrical Technology/ Mechanical Technology/ Engineering Graphics and Design
Applicants should meet the following minimum entrance standards before implementing (please notice that failure to meet each of the prerequisites will probably result in an application not being considered):
- South African Citizen
- Be accepted right into the Right eligibility, at a few of those recognized post-secondary institutions
- Has to Be able to show adequate academic capacity.
- Keen to teach at a college appointed to them by the Provincial Education Department.
- Enthusiastic interest in dealing together with kids.
- Clear Criminal History.
- Not Need some charges of misconduct or disregarded out of a job.
Preference will be awarded to applicants in rural regions and applicants that plan about instruction in rural regions.
First-time university entrants:
- Matric exemption/ acceptance / bachelor level entry
- Achieved at least 60 percent/degree 4 (Standard Grade) OR 50 percent (Higher Grade) at Matric for the topic you intend on specializing to teach.
- If planning specializing in Foundation Period -should have passed Matric Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND minimum of 60 percent/degree 4 (Standard Grade) OR 50 percent (Higher Grade) to Your House Language
- If planning on triumphed in Technology topics (like CAT) -should have passed Matric Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- If finished Matric earlier 2008 if Mathematics wasn’t a mandatory topic -should have attained a minimum average of 50 percent
Students currently at university:
- Passed all areas in the past year of study
- Achieved a minimum average of 55 percent too many areas studied in the past year of tertiary study
- Achieved a minimum average of 55 percent for topics about the instruction area of specialization in annually of postsecondary study
New students registering for PGCE:
- Completed a qualification that allows admission into PGCE
- For PGCE Foundation Stage Training -should have majored in an African American Language and Behavior
- For PGCE Intermediate Period, Old Phase, Further Training, and Education -should have majored in the selected field of specialization from the B. level
- Possess at Least 2 chosen priority topics in the Second year of research
- Achieved a minimum average of 50 percent overall areas.
- Having at the minimum of Two-thirds of topics analyzed at the most recent season of college research.
- Having No Less than Two-thirds of priority topics from the most recent season of Degree research.
- If performing Inch priority topic — should have passed on the topic
Progressing into another year of research.
Note: in case the university requirements are far higher compared to Funza Lushaka Bursary conditions, the greater demand will employ.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Online Application 2020
Please follow these directions to Apply for Funza Lushaka bursary programme 2020
- See the E-Government Portal site at: (www.eservices.gov.za)
- Register an account by simply filling in your personal data (https://www.eservices.gov.za/tonkana/registration/home.jsf)
- Log in with your chosen Password (https://www.eservices.gov.za/tonkana/login/home.jsf)
- Find the”Luna Lushaka Bursary Scheme” onto the Services Menu
- Insert the OTP you obtained
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Click the 2020 program button on the dash
- Complete the mandatory advice
Read and take the statement to confirm your data (pdf) before applying.
Submit apparent copies of these supporting documentation Together with your completed Form (the entry of those documents is mandatory -when some items are lost, the application will be disregarded):
ID record (certified copy)
Latest Matric Success, if now at Matric (certified copy)
Matric certification, if finished Matric (certified copy)
Academic transcript, should now at college (accredited copy)
Proof acceptance/ enrollment at the college
Application Deadline for Funza Lushaka bursary programme 2020
Application for the last Funza Lushaka bursary programme started on the November 16th, 2019and closed on 11th of January 2020. The next batch application form will be out on or before the 30th of April. So check back we will keep you posted.
- Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship for Gambians
- MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa
- MOSHAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM [UPDATED]
- NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduates | Application Form
- South African Students International Program At Washington
- Scholarships for South Africans | National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- DAAD-AIMS Scholarships for African Students
- List of South African Scholarships- APPLY
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Funza Lushaka bursary programme is a programme designed to assist train students in South Africa to become better teachers. Funza Lushaka bursary programme 2019 cover students tuition, accommodation including meals, books, and learning materials.