The World Bank Group, in its effort to provide graduate students practical experience in global development, is delighted to invite young graduates to apply for the World Bank Paid Winter Internship for Young Graduates to Washington 2018/2019, applicants are to ensure the are eligible to be considered for this program
Priority Fields: This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
Value of Programme: The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
To be taken at (country): Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices).
Eligibility: To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity). Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
How to Apply: This application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory).
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates. All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline: The World Bank paid Internship is offered during two seasons, and applications are accepted during the following periods:
- Winter Internship (December–March): The application period for the Winter Internship is 1st October to 31st October 2017.
- Summer Internship (June–September): The application period for the Summer Internship is 1st December 2017 to 31st January 2018.
Visit program webpage to apply
Sponsors: World Bank Group