The United Nations office Office for Disarmament Affaires is delighted to avail the Women Scholarship for Peace and Security 2018, Eligible persons that have complied with the eligibility criteria are welcome to apply.
The OSCE Scholarship for Peace and Security in Co-operation with the UNODA and their partners offer a training programme providing foundation skills and knowledge on conflict prevention and resolution, arms control and confidence and security building measures as well as on disarmament, non-proliferation and development-related issues from the perspective of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Value of Award:
- 15 full scholarships covering registration cost for the online and the in-person courses as well as travel and accommodation to attend the in-person course;
- 35 partial scholarships covering registration cost for the online and the in-person courses
- 20 online course scholarships covering registration cost for the online course
To Be Taken At (Country): Vienna, Austria
Eligible Countries: nationals of OSCE participating States and Partners for Co-operation. See List below
About the Award: The OSCE Scholarship for Peace and Security is a joint initiative of OSCE and United Nations Office for Disarmament Affaires at Vienna in partnership with a number of organisations whose work contribute to disarmament, non-proliferation (DNP) and development-related issues.
The initiative offers a training programme providing foundation skills and knowledge on non-proliferation, disarmament and development related issues. In particular, it also focuses on conflict prevention, arms control and confidence and security building measures implemented in accordance with the commitments in the OSCE area.\
The programme consists of two components:
Online foundation course lasting 8 weeks on:
- Weapons of mass destruction
- Conventional weapons
- Disarmament and development
- Gender and disarmament
- Impact of conflict on neighbouring regions
- Multilateral security coopearation initiatives
In-depth in-person course lasting one week to be held in Vienna (Austria) with:
- Case studies
- Visits to Vienna based organisations
Eligibility: Early career professionals from various fields from OSCE participating States and Partners for Co-operation. It is not required to have previous knowledge of the issues of disarmament, non-proliferation and development.
How to Apply: FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND APPLY
Application Deadline: 16th November 2017