The Technovation Challenge 2020 is here again and eligible persons are invited to hurry and apply for this program. This program is primarily for Girls worldwide.
Technovation offers girls around the world the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to become tech entrepreneurs and leaders.
Girls ages 10 to 18 learn to identify a problem in their community and create a mobile app solution to address that problem, and then learn how to communicate these ideas and translate them into a fully launched business.
Technovation’s curriculum takes students through 4 stages of launching a mobile app startup, inspired by the principles of design thinking:
Ideation: Identify a problem in the community
Technology: Develop a mobile app solution
Entrepreneurship: Build a business plan to launch the app
Pitch: Bring the business to market
Level/Field of Study:
The Opportunity falls under Challenge/ Contest for Individuals in the Technology and Entrepreneurship
The Techonovation Challenge is hosted in the USA
- Technovation Challenge is open for girls ages 10 to 18
1) You will be placed in the Junior Division if you will be 14 years or younger on August 1st, 2020
2) You will be placed in the Senior Division if you will be between 15 and 18 by August 1st, 2020
- No prior programming experience is necessary for Technovation students
- The program has no pre-selection screening for participation
- Technovation Challenge is free for all participants
- Each team will need up to five girls (ages 10 to 18), a safe place to meet, a laptop with internet, and a smartphone or tablet
- A team can’t have more than 6 members (excluding mentors)
- Teams own the code and intellectual property developed during Technovation. Neither Technovation or Iridescent own teams’ IP or their app, but you may want to look into protecting your app here (https://yourstory.com/2014/11/protection-ip-rights/).
- To be eligible to participate in Technovation as a student, you must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020, and identify as female. To be fully registered, you must form or join a team. Teams can range in size from 1-5 girls. No more than 5 girls are allowed to join a team. You can only join one team. Your team’s division – Junior or Senior – depends on the age of all team members. Junior Division: Team members are between 10-14 years old as of August 1, 2020, Senior Division: Team members are between 15-18 years old as of August 1, 2020
- Adults (men and women) willing to support teams and walk them through the curriculum can register as a mentor.
- The program has no pre-selection screening for participation.
- No prior programming experience is necessary for Technovation mentors. Adults willing to encourage and inspire young girls are welcome to join as mentors
- Technovation is free for all participants.
- Mentors can join multiple teams and mentor in-person and virtually.
- The Technovation curriculum is FREE. All you need is up to five middle school or high school girls, a safe place to meet, a laptop with internet.
- Teams may purchase smartphones to test the apps they create, but this can also be done in a limited way through a web-based phone emulator on App Inventor.
- The Winner gets $10,000 and a paid trip to San Francisco
Application Deadline: March annually
For More Information: