SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The McGill University is proud to call for applications for the Funded PhD And Masters Positions at McGill University in Canada, 2018, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply
The aim of the positions is to develop pathways for the improved inclusion of traditional and Indigenous people’s viewpoints in the management of natural resources such as water resources.
What you need to know about McGill University
McGill University is a public research university in Canada. McGill offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study, with the highest average admission requirements of any Canadian university.
These positions are awarded in Inclusiveness of Community-based Participatory Modelling for Environmental Management
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for these positions.
These positions will cover the followings:
- Funded Masters and PhD Positions
- Travel aboard will be funded
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.6 or above for all university degrees (Bachelor, Master, etc.) is required.
- Experience in agricultural engineering, civil engineering, social sciences, water resources management, computer science or a closely related field;
- Strong interest in community participation;
- Proficiency and desire to improve skills in computing and Python for scientific programming and data management;
- A very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required; this should be supported by a valid English proficiency test certificate;
- Linguistic capabilities: Within a reasonable amount of time after beginning your MSc or PhD degree, you must be able to speak a minimum of one language of the chosen study site and conduct group meetings and write reports in those languages;
- The applicant should have an ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary research team;
- Working knowledge of GIS software will be considered as a plus.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.6 or above for all university degrees (Bachelor, Master, etc.) are required.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have a very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required; this should be supported by a valid English proficiency test certificate;
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via email.
- Candidates should email both Dr. Muhammad Baig and Mr. Julien Malard (muhammad.baig-at-mail.mcgill.ca and julien.malard-at-mail.mcgill.ca ) and provide the following:
i) CGPA of all degrees taken (undergraduate and graduate);
ii) a detailed CV, and
iii) information on how the candidate feels that they meet the requirements mentioned above. Only applications that include these three items will be considered. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only get in touch with candidates that have passed our preliminary screening
Updates on deadline will be communicated shortly, please stay tuned