SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Hurry and apply and be part of the Funded EuropeAid Faces2Hearts Worldwide Blogging Competition 2017, interested persons are to ensure that the comply with requirements for this competition
This unique opportunity is offered byEuropeAid, the EU’s International Cooperation and Development department,sitting within the European Commission. Its main mission is to eradicate poverty and achieve sustainable development worldwide. To achieve this EuropeAid works closely with EU member states, UN agencies, and global and local civil society.
Eligible countries: worldwide
Faces2Hearts are looking for 4 bloggers in total (our faces) with one face to be selected from each of 4 global regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America). Each winning face will travel and meet fascinating people within his or her own region, except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa. The region which you can apply to depends on your nationality and the language requirements vary according to the region: for Asia-Pacific and English-speaking Africa a high level of English is required; applicants to Latin America and French-speaking Africa will additionally need a high level of Spanish and French respectively.
All will be uncovering stories of people whose lives were changed for the better through projects supported by the EU.
- 21 – 31 years old and free to travel for the first half of 2018
- An engaging storyteller, a creative mind and a good relater of emotions
- A self-sufficient, responsible and resourceful traveler
- An adventurer – willing to try and discover new things
- A lover of social and human interaction
- A sensitive listener to people’s stories
- A skilled multimedia user (photography, video, social media, writing)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and, according to the region you are coming from, fluent in spoken and written Spanish or French
How it will Work:
There are 4 stages in this adventure:
The first stage, the competition, which will run for one month during October 2017, will select four diverse young people to undertake the journeys.
- One winner will be selected from each of four global regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America). All four bloggers (our faces) will receive training in Brussels in late 2017 and be provided with audio-visual equipment, which they can keep after the project.
- Their journeys will take place during the first half of 2018 and each of our faces will travel and discover stories within his or her own region, except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa. It is envisaged that each Faces2Hearts journey will include time in 6 to 8 countries in the region.
- The Faces2Hearts bloggers will discover projects that change people’s lives for the better, supported by the EU. And they will reveal the often unreported stories of the fascinating people they meet – stories of positive change and hope. They will record their experiences, interactions and feelings in regular blog postings (including videos and photos) and through a variety of social media channels. Regular challenges will also be set for the 4 bloggers and there will be many opportunities to interact with their followers.
- The project will culminate at the European Development Days in June, where our four faces will share their stories and confront their views with development professionals. The European Development Days is the EU’s leading forum on development and takes place in Brussels. Over the years, it brought together 42,000 participants from 154 countries including 100 world leaders.
How to Apply:
To apply you must fill in the form on this website, but you will need to do a few things before you start.
Submission Deadline: 31 October 2017
For More Information: