Applicants are invited to apply for the Funded DAAD Scholarships for Foreign Artists to study in Germany 2017/2018, this scholarship is basically targeted towards foreign artists who intends to study in Germany.
DAAD scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Award provider: DAAD
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme
- Start: usually from 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
- A monthly payment of 750 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. 500 euros per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
Applications need to be submitted online.
In addition,special leaflets for the fields of Fine Art, Design and Film, for Music and for Drama, Direction, Dance and Choreography provide information on aspects such as the work samples (portfolio) which applicants need to submit.
The DAAD will not consider incomplete applications!
Application Deadline: October 31st 2017
For More Information: