SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications is now been accepted for the Machel Mandela Fellowship Programme 2017, named in honour of former South Africa President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel. The Fellowship programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa.
The fellowship will be available full-time for a minimum of six months. The fellow may be from Africa or abroad and will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg.
- Under 30 years of age
- An Undergraduate or Masters level degree
- Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance
- Broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website: www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org
- The fellowship will be available full-time for a minimum of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment in April 2018.
- The fellow may be from Africa or abroad and will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg.
- Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
- An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Other work–related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
- Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line. You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references’ details
- A covering letter–no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bearA writing sample– this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article,of any length. The earliest date you would be able to start Details of where you saw the post advertised.Owing to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.If you have not heard from us by 15 January 2018, please assume your application to be unsuccessful.Application Deadline: November 30th yearly
For More Information: