SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Journalists are invited to send in their applications for the Fully Funded World Press Institute Journalism Fellowship Program 2018, all applications are to be submitted before the deadline and only eligible persons shall be considered for the Program
The World Press Institute (WPI) fellowship is offered to 10 journalists from countries around the world. It provides immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country.
Journalism — in particular, the role and responsibilities of a free press in a democracy— is the primary focus of the WPI fellowship program. First-hand knowledge of the complexity and diversity of life in the U.S. is an equally important goal. Access is the key. Over the term of the fellowship, WPI fellows gain access to a broad range of individuals and institutions ranging from the world renowned to the ordinary.
To be taken in:USA
- At least five (5) years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
- Journalists can work for news or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, web sites, online publications or magazines of general public interest.
Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers are also eligible.
Those who supervise journalists are eligible providing that they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. People who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
- Must be currently employed as a non U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Potential for leadership
- The fellows will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, and then travel to several U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews and visits. They will return to Minnesota for the final week of the program. See the Program Review for examples of WPI events.
- WPI pays all program costs, including transportation to the U.S. and back, all transportation within the U.S. related to the WPI program, and all lodging costs.
- In addition, a modest daily per diem for food is provided.
- Personal expenses, such as cameras, film, postage and clothing, are the responsibility of the fellows.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Press Institute Fellowship Program 2018