African high school girls are invited to apply for the Fully Funded WiSci Girls STEAM Camp in Morocco and, Indonesia for High school girls 2020, all applications are expected to be submitted before the deadline.
About Women in Science program:
The Women in Science (WiSci) campaims to close the gender gap through access to education, mentorship opportunities, and leadership training. Girls will participate in hands-on activities to learn about various STEAM topics in a cross-cultural learning environment.
Join other girls from around the world for a unique educational opportunity and rich cross-cultural experience at the 2020 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp held in in Ifrane, Morocco from July 15-28th, 2020. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design, and Mathematics.
This program will bring together 100 high school girls from Morocco, Cote d’Ivoire and the USA at the Al Akhawayn University. Sustaining Partners of WiSci Morocco include Girl Up, Google, Caterpillar Foundation, and local partners include the Al Akhawayn University, the Millennium Challenge Account – Cote d’Ivoire, and the Millennium Challenge Account
WiSci Indonesia (August 16th -29th, 2020) will bring together 100 high school girls from Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia (with preference given to applicants from Penang and Sarawak), Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga and Tuvalu, the USA and Vietnam at the American Corner at the Universitas Tanjungpura Pontianak in Pontianak, Indonesia.
Sustaining Partners of WiSci Indonesia include Girl Up, Google, Caterpillar Foundation, and local partners include the Universitas Tanjungpur
The camp is a public-private partnership effort between the U.S. Department of State, the United Nations Foundation’s Girl Up Campaign, Intel Corporation, Google, NASA, the American Society of Microbiology, and other partners, implemented by World Learning.
High school program
- All selected participants will receive a scholarship to attend the camp free of charge. All costs associated with lodging, food, and activities during the camp are covered through the support of WiSci partners, in addition to transportation to/from the capital city of your home country (origin of departure). Participants can bring a limited amount of spending money for small souvenirs and snacks if they wish.
- Limited need-based financial assistance is available for direct costs associated with travel to the capital city to fly to the camp.
To be Taken in:
Morocco and Indonesia
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Namibia, Ethiopia, Swaziland, Kenya or the United States of America, self-identify as female and be between the ages of 15-18 to apply.
- Applicants must have the expressed permission of a parent or guardian to apply for this opportunity.
- It is required that applicants have at least one year of secondary school still left to complete, and can commit to attend the full duration of camp.
- Applicants should also have regular access (at least once per week) to internet at a home, school, community center, internet café or other location.
- If you have trouble with the application system or would like a fillable PDF form in compliance with screen readers, please email email@example.com.
- If you have any additional questions about the camp, eligibility, or the application process beyond what is covered in the FAQ page please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic, and after careful consideration and recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2020 WiSci Camps has been postponed till 2021