Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2020
Applicants are invited to grasp the opportunity and apply for the Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2020. This challenge is just for citizens from any of the commonwealth countries.
Therefore if you are from Commonwealth countries, be excited to sink your teeth in this article because this could be the opportunity you have been looking for. Only eligible persons will be considered.
About the Sponsor: Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund:
It was originally founded as the Elizabeth R Broadcasting Fund in 1995 to contribute to the development of broadcasting capabilities in the Commonwealth through a donation from Buckingham Palace. The donation came from royalties from “Elizabeth R,” the 1992 BBC documentary that marked the 40th anniversary of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
The Fund has been playing an important role in bringing together Commonwealth broadcasters through a program of travel grants and training opportunities for more than 20 years.
However, since the groundbreaking documentary, Elizabeth R, the media landscape has changed dramatically and the fund is now evolving to meet the challenges of the digital media age.
The Thomson Foundation has been tasked with renaming and restarting the fund.
This is a wise choice as the Foundation has been helping to raise the level of journalism and communication in the world for over 55 years and has trained journalists and media from all Commonwealth countries.
More About the Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2020
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Commonwealth Digital Challenge is hosted by Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund In London.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund Contest is available for entrepreneurs from the Commonwealth countries.
Aside from the Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
- The overall winner will be invited to spend a week’s intensive study of UK media organizations in London, with all expenses paid, during the week of the Commonwealth Summit in London in April 2020.
- It will be followed by 12 months’ mentoring by industry professionals overseen by the Thomson Foundation – the world’s longest-established media development organization.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Digital Challenge 2020
- Applicants must be citizens of a Commonwealth member country, excluding the United Kingdom.
- The contest is open to people aged 18 to 30 at the Contest Deadline, May 3, 2020.
- The organizers of the competition may request documents to verify the age of the participant.
- The contest is open to individuals and groups of up to three people.
All submissions and presentations must be in English.
- The first judging will take place in the week of May 22, 2020, and candidates must be available for a webinar during this week.
- The three groups/individuals selected to participate in the four-month mentorship must be able to travel to the UK in November 2020, if they are the potential winners.
- The schedule of virtual mentoring sessions will be scheduled to the extent possible at the convenience of all participants, but will ultimately depend on the availability of the mentor.
- The final winner will be asked in the UK in November. If the trip is not possible during this period, the prize will go to the second most selected candidate or group.
How to Apply for Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge
First step: launch
Participants will be invited to submit a 500-word statement, in English, describing an editorial or technical problem faced by journalists and media organizations in the Commonwealth, as well as a potential justification for how it can be handled. using a mobile application or digital solution. the intention to develop. The statement should be supported by ONE of the following:
- PowerPoint presentation (or similar) of up to six slides
- An audio file of up to five minutes
- A video file of up to five minutes
- Candidates will be invited to download their video, audio or presentation slides on a file-sharing platform (eg Dropbox, Google Drive), which will be accessible to the jury via a single URL link.
Second step: First judgment
The jury will be composed of representatives of the Thomson Foundation, media organizations and representatives of technological organizations and universities. The foundation of the initial lists among the original nominations will be selected by Thomson Foundation in collaboration with the judges, who will then select six short-listed candidates to proceed to the next stage of the competition.
- The six groups/individuals involved will be invited to present a webinar of their proposal to the Thomson Foundation and its group of independent judges across the Commonwealth.
- This will include a detailed session of questions and answers.
In the opinion of the judges, the top three performers will receive online support and mentorship over a four-month period.
Third step: Development
- The development period, which includes virtual tutoring, will take place from June 3 to September 27, 2020.
- During this time, several mentoring sessions will be organized. Mentoring will depend on relevance for groups, but may include:
Mentoring will also include free access to the Thomson Foundation’s Journalism Now e-learning program.
The three competing competitors/groups will be invited to present the progress of their ideas during the last week of September, during the final stage of mentoring, and to a leading panel of experts from the sector.
Fourth step: winner
The winning individual or group will be invited to the UK in November, all expenses paid and will be assisted in the development of their mobile application or digital tool.
- Entrants will be asked to submit a 400-word statement, in English, outlining a particular challenge posed to their organization, or media sector, in their country together with a potential business case for how it could be addressed.
- Twenty applicants will be invited to take three online modules in digital skills and newsroom management from the Thomson Foundation’s online “Journalism Now” programme.
- The most successful of the 20, in the opinion of the judges, will be invited to spend a week’s intensive study of UK media organizations in London, during Commonwealth Week 2020, followed by online mentoring by Thomson Foundation consultants for 12 months.
- The winner will lead a virtual conference of the top 20 applicants and UK media mentors focusing on how the media can react to the challenges thrown up by the topic of Commonwealth Week.
- Applicants must submit their initial entry by midnight GMT on May 3rd, 2020.
- The overall winner will be expected to spend the week in London. If s/he is not able to do so, the prize will go to the second most successful applicant.
Commonwealth Digital Challenge 2020 Application Deadline
Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London application deadline is 3rd MAY, 2020.
For More Information:
For any queries relating to your application for the Elizabeth R Media Fund Commonwealth Digital Challenge, please email: [email protected]
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Accountancy Fellowship
- $5,000 Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Engineering Fellowship
- Plymouth University Scholarships for International Students in UK
- Florence Congleton Scholarship Award UK
- Surgery Online Global Scholarships at University of Edinburgh
- African MBA Scholarship at the University of Birmingham in UK
- International Hardship Fund at King’s College London
- African Real Estate Society (AfRES) Scholarship for Africans in the UK
- University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers
- University of Warwick Albukhary Undergraduate Scholarship
Hurry and Apply right now for the Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2019-2020.