CYSTINET-Africa making a call for qualified Tanzanians to apply for one scholarship opportunity to undertake a PhD research in Tanzania. This is a full-funded scholarship, covering tuition fees, stipends, research money and other requirements as per SUA guidelines.
The main goal of this research is to develop and implement a locally adapted health education intervention package targeting various stakeholders for the prevention and control of TSCT in Tanzania.
The aim of the scholarship is to fill gaps on the way to control and elimination of TSCT by investing in research, capacity building and networking. The project will also create scientific leverage, as results may be translated into the handling of other zoonotic diseases.
CYSTINET-Africa is an interdisciplinary multinational project focusing on the control of Taenia sodium, a tapeworm transmitted between humans and pigs. Taenia sodium cysticercosis/taeniasis (TSCT) is an emerging but potentially eradicable disease complex that significantly impacts human and animal health as well as community livelihood in endemic areas of sub-Saharan Africa
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the multinational project focusing on the control of Taenia solium, a tapeworm transmitted between humans and pigs. Taenia sodium.
Scholarship Award: This is a full-funded scholarship, covering tuition fees, stipends, research money and other requirements as per SUA guidelines.
Number of scholarship: One scholarship is available,
Scholarship can be taken Tanzania
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship::
- Tanzanian resident;
- With a Master’s degree of SUA or from another approved university. The Master’s qualification must be relevant to, the field of public health;
- Good command of English and Swahili;
- Good knowledge in research methods, including qualitative research methods;
- Committed to scientific writing and communication;
- Availability for a full-time 4-year PhD by research programme, starting from the end of April 2017.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Applicants of Tanzania can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- An application package consists of a scholarship application letter, copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts, birth certificate, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of two referees. Completed application package should be submitted in hard copies to the addresses below and a scanned copy of the application emailed to drpg at suanet.ac.tz and helenangow at gmail.com within three weeks from the date of the first appearance of this announcement.
Application Deadline: The application should be submitted within three weeks from the date of the first appearance of this announcement.