Scholarships At University Of Ghana, 2019
Applications are invited from Individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the University of Ghana.
The aim is to show how the global is productive of the local, and how institutions, actors, practices, norms and discourse mix to produce novel forms of security governance and global-local linkages.
About the University Of Ghana
PhD Scholarships At University Of Ghana
What You Need To Know About Fully Funded Scholarships At University Of Ghana, 2019
- The national level organisation of security and how it has been influenced by Ghana’s peacekeeping experience;
- How security is provided in Accra, and trace how Ghana’s experience of peacekeeping has shaped local-level policing; and
- How security is provided in Tamale, and trace how Ghana’s experience of peacekeeping has shaped local-level policing.
- Any other theme related to security provision and peace-keeping in rural or urban Ghana.
Level/Field of Study:
This scholarship is available to pursue of PhD study at the University Of Ghana.
The Scholarship can be taken in GHANA.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
These Scholarships are available for international students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Departments are expected to make a 50% contribution to the award. All applications must be discussed with the relevant Departmental Manager prior to submission.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Scholarships At University Of Ghana:
- Hold a master’s degree in the social sciences, political science, law or inter-disciplinary studies.
- Be highly motivated to develop a scientific career, and to pursue doctoral studies according to the approved study plan.
- Possess and demonstrate good scientific writing skills.
- Have a strong methodological and conceptual background in the relevant scientific disciplines or areas.
- Ideally, have ethnographic fieldwork experience.
- Ideally have worked with security-related issues in Accra, Tamale or elsewhere.
- Be a constructive and engaged team worker.
How To Apply For The Fully Funded Scholarships At University Of Ghana
Potential applicants are invited to prepare a 4-5-page concept note (maximum 2,000 words) which, with reference to the selected PhD focus (please select from above), outlines a detailed focus for the proposed PhD project as well as research assumptions and questions. Applicants, who wish to apply for the PhD position under two or more thematic areas, should develop a separate concept note for each of the focus areas. The following details must be included in the concept note:
- Statement of the research problem and how it will be investigated through more specific research questions.
- Discussion of the analytical framework of the research problem in light of relevant theory.
- Description of the geographical and socio-political context of the study (Accra/Tamale).
- Presentation of the research design and the methods that will be employed to generate the data.
- Practical considerations.
- Ethical considerations.
- Time plan.
Please make sure to clearly indicate which of the PhD positions you apply for.
The application should be submitted online to Dr Richard Asante via [email protected]and [email protected], with a copy to Dr Kwesi Aning ([email protected]), Professor Dzodzi Tsikata ([email protected]), Dr Peter Albrecht ([email protected]), and Professor Raymond Atuguba ([email protected]).
October 15, 2019
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Kindly review our post below
Applications are invited for Individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the University of Ghana. This scholarship is most times fully funded.