The European Union (EU) and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are inviting applications for SHARE Scholarship Programme. Scholarships are available to study at ASEAN or EU universities for one semester in the period December 2018– August 2019.
What you need t know about Fully Funded Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students
This special partnership with the EU allows us to empower talented students to pursue their chosen careers and exchange invaluable insights and experience. An effective regional higher education system centered on a robust scholarship scheme for students is a key element in promoting people connectivity.
Enhancing student mobility is a priority of ASEAN as stipulated in the ASEAN Work Plan on Education 2016-2020 as well as the Kuala Lumpur Declaration on Higher Education of 2015,” said Vongthep Arthakaivalvatee, Deputy Secretary-General for ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community.
The SHARE scholarship aims to enhance the overall student experience during the mobility phase, and specifically their experience in receiving credits for the coursework done abroad and the possibility to use these credits towards their degree at their home university.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available to study at ASEAN or EU universities for one semester in the period December 2018 – August 2019.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The SHARE Scholarship covers tuition fees (waived by the universities), a monthly stipend/living allowance, return airfare, health insurance, a one-time settling-in allowance, study materials, and visa costs throughout the duration of the programme.
This Scholarship is to be taken in Singapore. If you are an international student and you wish to study in Singapore, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Citizens of ASEAN students are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Number of Scholarships
Approximately 500 scholarships are available, of which 400 scholarships are allocated for intra-ASEAN mobility and 100 scholarships for ASEAN-EU mobility.
Scholarship can be taken at ASEAN or EU Universities
- The SHARE Scholarship is meant for active undergraduate ASEAN students from selected ASEAN Universities that have completed at least 2 semesters at their home university to study for one semester at another selected ASEAN university.
- Exchange students can come from all ASEAN countries. Students from the ASEAN Member States, except for Brunei Darussalam and Singapore, are eligible for receiving scholarship funds from this program in line with the Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI) Regulation.
However, students from Brunei and Singapore can participate in the mobility programme at their own cost.
College Admission Requirement
- Candidate should have completed at least two (2) semesters at their home university
- Candidate must be a national of an ASEAN Member State
- Candidate should be a student of a participating university
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply SHARE Scholarship Programme
Students will need to apply through the SHARE Scholarship online application system, available on their website. Candidates must apply online and submit the following documents:
- Letter of acceptance from host university (Candidates can only apply for a scholarship for selected English-taught courses)
- Letter of endorsement from home university
- Recent academic transcript (in English)
- Copy of valid passport
- Recent photograph (passport size)
The application deadline for submitting SHARE Scholarship Programme is November 10th, 2019.
- Top 21 Masters Degree Scholarships for Environmental Science Students
- University of Hull Full-Tuition Scholarships in UK, 2018
- Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships at University of Cambridge in UK, 2018
- Full Tuition Bucerius Global Masters Scholarship for International Students in Germany, 2018
- 21 Masters Scholarships for Social Sciences Students 2019-2020
- DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships in Ireland, 2019
- Top 20 PhD Degree Scholarships for Literature Students
- Petroleum Engineering Scholarship | ECU First Cohort Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2018
- International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in USA and Canada, 2018
- 15 Best PhD Scholarships for Mathematics Students
Do you find this content helpful or do you have any question relating to the information we provided here? please kindly drop a comment on our comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.