Entries are currently been accepted for the Fully Funded Queen’s Commonwealth Nations Essay Competition 2018, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
- All nationals and residents of all Commonwealth countries and territories aged 18 and under are eligible to enter the competition, including entrants from The Gambia, The Maldives and Zimbabwe.
- Residents of non-Commonwealth countries whose entries are submitted through their local RCS branch are also eligible.
- All entries must be in English
- Entrants are asked to present their work in the format that best conveys their message, be that an essay, poem, story, folk tale, script, letter, diary entry, monologue or other written style. Photos and drawings are encouraged, particularly in the Junior Category.
Born between 2nd June 1999 and 31st May 2004 (14-18 years of age)
- The road to a safer future.
- How does education contribute to a fairer future?
- ‘Healthy, Wealthy, Happy, and Free’: is one more important than the others?
- Future generations have rights too, which must be defended. Discuss.
Born after 31st May 2004 (under 14 years of age)
- What does a ‘safer future’ mean to you and your community?
- Write a recipe for a common future: what ingredients will you need? What is the best method for making it? What will it look like?
- ‘A Day in the Life’. Imagine you are your country’s Head of Government for the day: how will you build a better future for young people?
- Our Common Earth.
Judges described entries to the competition in 2017 as ‘emotive’ ‘hauntingly assuring’ ’striking’ and as having ‘powerful narratives’, that ‘this letter should be read by everyone’. We expect a similiarly high calibre of writing for 2018.
- One Winner and Runner-up will be chosen from each category.
- Winners and Runners-up will be flown to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony.
- A number of Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be given in both the Senior and Junior categories, rewarding excellence in writing.
- All entrants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Application Deadline: June 1st 2018
For More Information: