SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Ghent University is calling for applications for fully funded PhD Scholarship in Environmental Humanities in Belgium, 2018, in the Department of Literary Studies at Ghent University, Belgium, tenable for a period of four years.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. It aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Offer is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of study:
Scholarship is for the field of Environmental Humanities.
- The scholarship is initially offered for a period of two years and can be renewed for another two-year period upon positive evaluation.
- The net amount of the scholarship will be approximately €1900 per month, gradually rising to approximately €2100 per month in the fourth year. The PhD student will also receive a holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus, and enjoy full social security coverage. Additional financial support is available for conference and workshop attendance.
- The PhD student will be based at Ghent University.
- The PhD student will complete the doctoral training programme offered by the Doctoral School of Arts, Humanities, and Law.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
The project, which will employ four PhD students and one postdoctoral research fellow, will explore the role of the literary imagination, with a special focus on textual complexity and the tension between the global nature of ecological problems and culturally specific issues.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates should have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as English, Comparative Literature, or Environmental Humanities (candidates near to completion may also submit applications, indicating the expected date of the degree);
- outstanding academic record;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English;
- A reading knowledge of at least one of the other three project languages;
- aptitude for original, independent, and creative work as well as for working in a team.
- Applicants must have excellent writing and speaking skills in English.
30th April 2018
Applications should be as a single PDF file via email to email@example.com.
Applications should include:
- cover letter, specifying reasons for your interest in this position and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate;
- An overview of how you would approach the project (max. 1000 words);
- current CV;
- Transcripts of your qualifications to date (degrees and grade lists);
- A writing sample (Master’s thesis, article, etc.);
- Names and full contact details of two referees.
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link
To access other opportunities, click Belgium Scholarships