Applications are invited for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at the University of California Berkeley 2021 for Study in USA.
What you need to know about the University of California
The University of California, Berkeley has partnered with The MasterCard Foundation in a collaborative, global network of education institutions and non-profit organizations that believe education is a catalyst for social and economic advancement.
Teh Program aims to benefit 17,000 young people over 10 years, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa. At UC Berkeley, teh Program will provide comprehensive financial, social, and academic support up to 118 students from 2012 to 2021, and is open to both undergraduate and professional Master’s students.
Field /Level of Study:
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarships will take place at the University of California Berkeley USA
The Mastercard Foundation scholarship is for International Students wishing to pursue their degree in USA at the University of California Berkeley
UC Berkeley will receive $30 million in funding over the next eight years as part of MFSP.
To qualify for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship, you must meet the following criteria;
- Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country – If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible. Please contact us directly to clarify. This scholarship is not for citizens of North African countries.
- Excelling academically – All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criterion for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
- Coming from an economically disadvantaged background –This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent – Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies – We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return.
Choosing a graduate program for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship: UC Berkeley offers the following Master’s programs.
|Application available||August 1|
|Filing period||November 1-30*|
|SAT test deadline||December 31|
|Application deadline||November 30|
|Berkeley notifies applicants of receipt of application||Early January|
|Freshman decisions posted||End of March**|
|Transfer decisions posted||End of April*|
|Submit Intent to Register – Admitted Freshman Deadline||May 1|
|Submit Intent to Register – Admitted Transfer Deadline||June 1|
Exact decision dates for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship are given to current applicants in confirmation emails and on the student application portal (coming soon). Application Deadline: November 30th For More Information: