Entries are currently been submitted for the Fully Funded Loss and Damage Writing Competition 2017, all applicants are advised to ensure the comply with the eligibility criteria.
Enter the Loss and Damage Writing Competition and you could win a fully-funded Fellowship to the May Climate Negotiations in Bonn, Germany. Climate Tracker is looking for young writers from Bangladesh, India, Philippines, Vietnam or Indonesia who want to make a big impact in their countries by writing about the importance of Loss and Damage and climate migration in their countries.
Field: Essay/ writing
To be Taken in : Germany
- The best writer will get a chance to attend the climate negotiations in May 2018, which will be held in Bonn. There you will receive training on climate and journalism by Climate Tracker, get to attend the international climate negotiations and meet amazing people from everywhere in the world! You cannot miss this chance!
- They will also be awarding two online fellowships to help you improve your writing skills! Online fellows are paid to deliver a certain amount of articles about certain topics. They also receive personalised training by Climate Tracker and help in refining their publishing skills. It is an amazing opportunity to grow as a writer and collaborate with the Climate Tracker team.
- Open to young writers from Bangladesh, India, Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia are eligible to join this competition.
- They accept applicants that are between 18 and 30 years old, but you are encouraged to apply anyway if you do not fulfill this requirement (age is just a number anyway).
- Write one article about loss and damage and/or climate migration that relates to your own country. Find here an information toolkit with all information you need on the topic!
- Then you have to publish the article in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc. Once your article is published, you have to submit the link to them through their app.
Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers.
Deadline: December 10, 2017
For more information, visit Loss and Damage Writing Competition.