Applications are open for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Program 2019/2020. The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2019.
Abdul Kader Asmal was a South African politician. He was a professor of human rights at the University of the Western Cape, chairman of the council of the University of the North and vice-president of the African Association of International Law. it is due to his contribution to the education sector that the fellowship was named after him.
If you want to apply for this fellowship follow the instruction below.
What You Need To Know About The Fully-funded Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships in Ireland
LEVEL/FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is available for Masters Fellowship in the following field.
Fields of Study: The fellowship programme has two strands:
A) Annual awards for postgraduate study in:
- Business Management; Economics and Finance
- Agriculture, Food Science; Environment and Rural development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Engineering; Sustainable Technology and Resource Management
- Information system and Communications Technology
B) One annual award will be made for a fellowship in:
- LLM in International and Comparative Law at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC).
The scholarship can be taken in South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The Fellowship Program is targeted for the South African students.If you are an international student and you wish to study in SOUTH AFRICA, this is for you List of South African Scholarships 2019-2020.
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships BENEFIT:
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance, and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships Eligibility
- be a South African citizen holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above-listed subject areas
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year 2018/2019
- Not have already applied for a course at an institution in Ireland – if you have already been admitted to a university you are not eligible
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships Application Procedure
Click here to apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship for Postgraduate study in Ireland in 2019-2020.
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships application deadline
Scholarship Application Deadline: 21st December.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- University of Dundee Alumni Scholarship, 2019
- VODACOM BURSARY SCHEME FOR UNDERGRADUATES 2019
- Kader Asmal Fellowship South Africa 2019
- MSc Scholarship at the University of the West of Scotland in North Cyprus, 2019
- Fully-funded Canon Collins/Embassy of Ireland in South Africa Fellowships 2018/2019
- University of Cape Town Entrance Scholarships 2018-2019
- Excellent Scholarships At Tallinn University in Estonia 2019
- Fully Funded Persephone Miel Fellowship for Media Professionals 2018
- Ivan Karp African Students Doctoral Research Awards in South African Universities 2019
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships in Ireland 2019-2020 Will cover university application fees, tuition fees, examination and other fees. See detail information on how to APPLY