SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are now been accepted from Nigerians for the Fully Funded Irish Aid Roger Casement Fellowship 2018/2019 in Human Rights for Nigerians to study In Ireland, eligible applicants are welcome to apply
The Roger Casement fellowship has been established to honour the memory of the Irish human rights activist Roger Casement who spent some of his early working life in Calabar, Nigeria. He was an early advocate for human rights while in Nigeria, and, famously, during his later work in the Congo, the Amazon and in Ireland. With his humanitarian legacy in mind, it has been decided to support one Nigerian student to study a master’s degree in human rights in Ireland.
Masters programmes at Irish higher education institutes in the areas of Law, Human Rights and Governance. A directory listing all eligible courses is available to applicants.
Candidates will need to have achieved the necessary educational standard to be accepted onto a Masters course in a Higher Education Institute in Ireland. In addition, there are a number of essential requirements to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- be a citizen of Nigeria and be residing in Nigeria
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a master’s level course of study in Human Rights
- have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Nigeria.
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- meet any relevant procedural requirements of Government of Nigeria.
- be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
- The Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme normally covers: return airfares, full tuition, stipends to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, health insurance and other allowances, in addition to the necessary entry arrangements such as medical examination and visa.
For queries regarding scholarships under the Casement Fellowship Programme, please email Joseph Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: December 20, 2017.
For More Information: