Applications are currently been submitted for the Fully Funded International Shari’ah Research program 2018. This program is generally open to applicants from all nationality whom are interested in a masters or doctoral degree as it relates to athe above mentioned program.
The ISRA Global Scholarship Award is part of the Fund for Shari’ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge and research, strengthen talents, and encourage intellectual discourse in the field of Shari’ah in Islamic Finance. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia’s (BNM) commitment towards strengthening the development of the Islamic finance industry.
Value of Award:
- Academic tuition fees – excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance
- Equipment allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis/end of study allowance
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Malaysia
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing Master’s or Doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
How to Apply:
- Application form (Download from Program Webpage Link below);
- A copy of letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
- A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts – Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
- A photocopy of personal identification / passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from referees;
- A copy of thesis proposal – applicable for programme by researcher coursework & research.
An application must be submitted by hand or through registered post or courier service to:
ISRA Global Scholarship Award,
International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA),
ISRA@INCEIF, Lorong Universiti A,59100 Kuala Lumpur
Application Deadline: 15th January 2018