SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are now been accepted for the Fully Funded International Fulbright Distinguished Awards for Teachers-USA 2018, hurry and apply now!!
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers (Fulbright DAI) brings international primary and secondary teachers to the United States for a semester-long program to pursue individual or group projects, take courses for professional development at a host university, observe, and share their expertise with US colleagues.Eligibility
To be Taken in : USA
- Full-time primary and secondary educators, including classroom teachers, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, library media specialists, and special education coordinators, administrators, and others who spend at least half of their time interacting with students
- Applicants from the following participating countries:
- New Zealand
- Applicants should have:
- Five years of full-time teaching experience or experience working with primary- or secondary-level students in another capacity
- Proven track record of professional development activities and leadership
- Citizen of a participating Fulbright DAI country
- Other requirements as indicated on the application
- Educator training: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers take part in an intensive five-month professional development program at a US university. The curriculum includes academic coursework, leadership training, and instructional technology seminars.
- Inquiry projects: Each participant will complete an individual or group project relevant to their education practice. Past projects covered topics such as current methodologies for teaching math, science, music, visual arts, performing arts, and English as a second language; working with special needs students; promoting civic engagement or service learning; environmental education; school management and leadership; and others that meet a critical need in the candidate’s home country.
- Field experience: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers are actively engaged with US schools. They are given opportunities to observe, co-teach, and share their expertise, building collaborative, lasting connections with teachers and students.
- Best practice exchange: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers study and observe international best practices in education. They also share professional expertise with educators and students in the United States.
- Civic and cultural activities: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers participate in US cultural activities such as performances, sporting events, visits to US homes, board of education meetings, and trips to notable historical sites.
E-mail: [email protected]
Please contact the U.S. embassy or Fulbright commission in your country for country-specific application information and timelines.
Application Deadline: February 25, 2018
For More Information: