The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) is proud to offer up to 10 fully-funded PhD scholarship to study in Germany. International students are eligible to apply for these positions.
Also, the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “From Molecules to Organisms” provides excellent interdisciplinary training across the disciplines of structural, molecular, cellular, and developmental biology as well as bioinformatics, genomics, and evolutionary biology.
Above all, the school’s aim is to endow the next generation of scientists with the knowledge and skills to study complex biological processes, which cannot be adequately understood within the limits of single disciplines, in the context of entire organisms.
- What You Need to Know About IMPRS International PhD Scholarship 2020 in Germany
- How Do I Apply for the IMPRS International PhD Scholarship:
What You Need to Know About IMPRS International PhD Scholarship 2020 in Germany
Level of Study:
Positions are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Research topics offered to the students are drawn from the following traditionally separate fields:
- Biochemistry and structural biology
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Molecular and cellular biology
- Developmental biology and genetics
- Genomics and proteomics
- Microbiome science
- Evolutionary biology and ecology
IMPRS International PhD Scholarship Worth
All PhD positions are fully funded, usually through support contracts from the Max Planck Society or equivalent contracts from the University of Tübingen. The contracts include complete coverage by the German social security system, as well as health insurance. PhD students can expect to have a disposable income of at least 1200€ per month.
Funding is usually awarded for three years in the first instance. Funding will be extended into a fourth year if warranted by the circumstances of the PhD project.
There are no tuition fees. Enrolment (matriculation) at the University of Tübingen is optional and costs approximately 150 €/semester.
IMPRS International PhD Scholarship Eligible Nationalities:
International students are eligible to apply for these positions.
IMPRS International PhD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants should hold, or expect to hold, a degree in natural or computer science from a Masters, Diplom, or equivalent program. Your current skills and knowledge should match well with your proposed area of doctoral research. To start in September 2020, all degree work must be finished by September 1, 2020. Feel free to contact the IMPRS Coordinator for additional information.
Bachelors-only applicants: In rare cases, exceptionally talented students holding only a Bachelors degree may be admitted to the IMPRS. You should hold a 4-years honors degree, have excellent grades and possess extensive and relevant research experience. In such cases, additional study requirements – to be fulfilled during the first year of IMPRS participation – may be assigned.
If you obtained your degree(s) outside the European Higher Education Area your application should include scores from the GRE General Test. To have your scores forwarded to us online, supply our institution code: 4791. Applicants with an Indian GATE score can supply this instead of, or as well as, the GRE. If you have TOEFL scores, these cannot replace the GRE scores but can be submitted in addition.
NOTE: They assess the application as a whole and therefore do not employ fixed criteria regarding the GRE scores.
As a guide, successful applicants have usually scored above 152 on the GRE verbal test and above 155 on the quantitative test. Good test results do not guarantee admission to the program; rather they provide evidence for us to look seriously at the application.
- More on the GRE General Test
- Countries in the European Higher Education Area
The participating institutes are committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in their workforce and therefore encourage applications from such qualified individuals.
How Do I Apply for the IMPRS International PhD Scholarship:
Our online application to join in Fall 2020 is now open.
February 18, 2020
We Also Recommend
- International Scholarships at the University of Kentucky in USA
- International Student Scholarships at Ferris State University, USA
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Michigan State University, USA
- Global Diversity Scholarship for Undergraduate Students at Kent State University USA
- Morrill Scholarship Programme at Ohio State University in USA
- International Cultural Service Program Scholarship At Oregon State University
- Monash Business School International Scholarship in Australia
- Study at Ohio State University: Admission Requirements, Courses, Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking
- Dave Fitzpatrick Mathematics and Statistics Scholarship Program