Are you playing an active role in promoting environmental issues and biodiversity preservation and fighting against climate change? Are you leading your generation at the local, regional, or national level? Do you want to share your vision of the future with other influential sustainable development actors? If yes, then apply for the Young Leaders Programme and grab the chance to be invited to Brussels to share your ideas!
This post provides detailed information about the European Development Days Young Leaders Program, how you can participate, and lots more.
You can scroll the table of contents below to get an insight into all that this post entails.
About European Development Days Young Leaders Program
The European Commission is inviting young people from around the world to play an active role in this year’s EDD.
The EC is looking for 15 extraordinary young people aged 21-26 who can represent the powerful impact that youth are having in the development field.
The Young Leaders Programme will consist of a 10-day visit to Brussels, where Young Leaders will meet EU experts, stakeholders and play a leading role in the EDD Programme, which will include speaking in a various session alongside global leaders.
Level/Field of Study
European Development Days Young Leaders Program is a Conference that focuses on leadership field.
This European Development Days Young Leaders Program is opened for All nationality.
This program is hosted in Belgium.
- In the spirit of this year’s theme, gender equality and the empowerment and engagement of women and girls in sustainable development, 15 young people between the ages of 21 and 26 will be selected to represent their generation during the development sector’s European event of the year.
- Young leaders are selected based on their exceptional skills, past experience and passion toward the goals set forth by the European Commission.
- These young leaders will visit EU institutions, debate with development policy-makers and participate in a variety of workshops surrounding the topics and themes of this year’s European Development Days.
Note, the application form must include:
- General information about yourself
- Your chosen EDD 2020 Topic
- A two-minute video in English
- How you will represent your generation at EDD
- Your experience
- Your involvement
- Additional Information
Click this link to get the application form https://www.eudevdays.eu/sites/default/files/m-_edd2020-youngleadersprogramme-application_form.pdf
Protecting and Investing in the world’s women
Participants will discuss how to empower women and girls so that they have more control over their lives, improved access to quality education and skills, health and other services, to finances, economic activity and to decent employment, while amplifying the voices and participation in the decision-making of girls and women across the globe.
Since 2006, the EDD has brought together some of the most influential and committed actors working to promote sustainable development and solve the development challenges facing the world today.
Also, EDD 2020 aims to continue the global discussion and promote the policies and goals of the European Commission on international development.
Note, special attention will be given to youth participation and exchanges of views among and with young leaders. Key Documents
European Development Days Young Leaders Program 2020 Application Deadline
European Development Days Young Leaders Program 2020 application closed on 21 February 2020.
For More Information:
- PPC Bursary in South Africa 2020 | UPDATED
- The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program 2020
- Meet Godswill Alimba
- Fully Funded MCW Young Leaders Access Program In USA
- MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY BURSARY
- The HotelsCheap Scholarship Program 2020
- Orange Knowledge Programme Fellowships for Students in Developing Countries-Netherlands 2020