Applications are open for the Alfa Fellowship Program 2018. The Alfa Fellowship Program is a distinguished international initiative that each year offers up to 18 accomplished young Americans, Britons, and Germans the opportunity to complete a high-level professional development program in Russia. The Fellowship provides a monthly stipend, accommodation, insurance, all program-related travel costs, language training in Russia, and private tutoring in the U.S., U.K., or Germany.
Over the course of the program, Fellows complete work placements at leading institutions, attend professional seminars, and receive intensive language training. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are to expand networks of American, British, German, and Russian professionals, develop greater intercultural understanding, and advance understanding of Russia.
The Alfa Fellowship Program is sponsored by Alfa-Bank, and is administered in the U.S., U.K., and Germany by Cultural Vistas, and in Moscow by the Fund for International Fellowships and Cultural Dialogue. OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
Scholarship Can Be Taken In: Russia
The Alfa Fellowship Program includes the following provisions:
- Round-trip transportation to New York City or London and accommodation (if needed) for selection interviews
- Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., including speakers, activities, travel, and accommodation
- Program-related transportation between U.S./U.K./Germany and Russia
- Pre-departure and Russia-based language training
- Moscow Seminar Program, including briefings, assignment planning, and excursions
- A generous monthly stipend during the program in Russia
- All program-related travel within Russia
- Accommodation in Moscow
- Limited international health, accident, and liability insurance during the program in Russia
Nationality: U.S.A, U.K and German Citizens can Apply
Alfa fellows have a demonstrated interest in Russian and European/Eurasian affairs, exceptional academic and professional credentials, proven personal initiative, and clear goals and expectations for their professional assignments.
- Open to U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35 (Russian citizens are ineligible to apply)
- Graduate degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy or a related field. Candidates without a graduate degree completed or in progress must have an undergraduate degree and approximately 5-6 years of professional experience in their field.
- Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications
- Active involvement in community or public service
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. If an applicant does not speak Russian, he or she will need to demonstrate proficiency in a second language to qualify for the program
- Fellows possess leadership potential and are active in community or public service.
The Alfa Fellowship Program is a professional-level initiative focused on the Fellows’ assignments in Russia. The Alfa Fellowship Program will not sponsor independent or academic research.
The Alfa Fellowship Program online application must be submitted by 11:59PM EST on December 1 and all supporting documents must arrive by the same date. In order to gain access to the online application system, please click on the “Apply Now” button on the left to fill out an application request. The application for the 2018-2019 program year is now open and will be due no later than December 1, 2017.
Please be sure to review both the instructions below and the frequently asked questions here prior to beginning your application.
For more information, visit Alfa Fellowship Program.
Deadline: December 1, 2017