Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa 2020
Applications are currently been accepted for the Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Program in South Africa 2020, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
The ASLP is an initiative of the University of Pretoria in partnership with the Global Young Academy, funded by the Robert Bosch Stiftung. It serves early- to mid-career researchers in basic and applied science, engineering, social sciences, arts, and the humanities. The programme aims to grow mid-career African academics in the areas of thought leadership, team development, engagement, and collaboration, with the intention of enabling them to solve the complex issues that face both Africa and the global community.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarship opportunities 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab
Level/Field of Study
Africa Science Leadership Program is taken and hosted in Pretoria South Africa. You can check other African Scholarships available for South African students and other African Countries. You can check South Africa Education Board for more information on Education in South Africa.
The programme will use a highly interactive approach to training, application of skills to a leadership project, peer support, and mentorship. Fellows will attend an initial 5 day, an intensive on-site programme in Pretoria, South Africa from 16-21 March 2020.
The process will involve an approach that cycles between theory, application, and reflection. Participants will be challenged to work collaboratively to design initiatives that advance a new paradigm for African science.
The leadership programme:
- Identifies early- to mid-career academics who have demonstrated leadership potential and an interest in developing key leadership skills
- Supports them to apply the acquired skills to projects that are relevant to the academic development on the continent and its impact on society
- Creates a network of academic leaders on the continent, spanning not only across countries but also across disciplinary boundaries
- Advances a curriculum for academic leadership development, which can be utilized in institutions in Africa and beyond
Africa Science Leadership Program is available to all African Countries. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates. A must read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
The training will cover:
- Core elements of collective leadership
- Creative and systems thinking
- Development of effective networks
- Stakeholder engagement for change
- Maximizing the efficiency and impact of collaborative efforts
- Advanced dialogue and communication skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making
Eligibility for the Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa.
To be selected, applicants need to display a compelling vision of their future involvement in the development of research projects, programmes, human capacity, specific policies or societal structures.
The selection process will consider individual qualities but also focus on ensuring a diversity of culture, subject background (Natural and Social Sciences, Humanities) and gender among the fellows.
Where possible the programme will also attempt to create small ‘cores’ of leadership; multiple strong applicants from the same center or country will thus be considered.
Selection Criteria: The following criteria are used as a guide for the nomination and selection of fellows:
- A PhD degree or equivalent qualification;
- A faculty or a continuing research position at a research institution;
- Active in research and teaching at an African institution of higher education or research;
- A sustained record of outstanding scientific outputs;
- Interest in translating and communicating the results of their work for impact in society;
- Demonstrated leadership ability in research and beyond.
- Interest in the role of research in addressing complex issues affecting society;
- Interest in collaborations across disciplines and sectors (e.g. industry, government, etc.);
- Commitment to participate in all the activities of the fellowship; and
- Intent to share what is learned in the programme with their broader networks.
Following the first training week, fellows will apply their skills to a project relevant to their context and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As described above, projects will aim to contribute to a new paradigm for Africa science.
During the year, participants will continue to engage with the group and have access to professional support. The costs incurred during the workshop (training, relevant travel, meals, and accommodation) will be covered by the programme.
In March 2020, fellows will complete their projects and present them at the second in-person training, which will consist of 3 days.
How to Apply for Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa
All applicants have to provide two support letters by academic referees (details are provided in the application form). One of the two referees has to commit to being involved in future communications and mentorship in case of selection of the applicant into the programme.
This referee will be informed about the progress of the fellow and should be willing to support the fellow if he or she requires it.
All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by representatives of the University of Pretoria, the Global Young Academy, national young academies, and ASLP Management. The ASLP Management team will make the final selection of candidates
The Scholarship is scheduled to end its applications on 5th January 2020
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Aon Bursaries in South Africa 2019 – 2020 (UPDATED)
- Mazars Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020
- Aviva Global Graduate Leadership Programme 2017 For Young Emerging Leaders
- Stanlib Bursary for South Africa students 2019/2020
- British American Tobacco Bursaries Programme 2019 – 2020
- De Beers Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020
- 15 Cheapest Universities in Johannesburg: Tuition fees, Courses, and Ranking
- Allan Gray Bursaries in South Africa 2019–2020
- Fully Funded Loeries Creative Future Scholarship for South Africans, 2019
- List of South African Scholarships 2019-2020- APPLY
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Hurry and apply right now for the Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa 2020. See details for application deadline.