Fondazione CRT in conjunction with the United Nations is delighted to invite applications for the 4th edition of its Entrepreneurs for Social Change (E4SC) programme . E4SC is a one-year programme which aims to support young social entrepreneurs to enhance the skills needed to boost a business idea with a social mission and be a powerful motor of economic development and social inclusion. It will take place in Torino, Italy, from 26 October to 5 November 2017. The participants get exposed to the tools required to start and scale a social business, meet like-minded people and engage with cutting-edge guest speakers and mentors.
About the Program
Entrepreneurs for Social Change (E4SC) is regional program that empowers young social entrepreneurs to induce positive social change in their communities, fostering entrepreneurship and innovative ideas. While the program aims at having a global focus, it is currently tailor-made for social entrepreneurs based in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
Selected participants are invited to Turin, Italy, for an intensive 10-day training to strengthen their knowledge and skills through training on using business, legal as well as fundraising tools to successfully pitch their business ideas to potential investors and market it in major media. The training aims to also enhance their understanding of the cultural dynamics of the region and the challenges and opportunities arising from them.
The training phase is followed by a year of mentoring, during which through individual and group sessions the participants are helped to accelerate their social enterprise. The participants will be part of the E4SC Alumni community.
- All selected participants will be provided with round-trip international tickets to Torino (most direct route, economy class) and accommodation once in Torino.
- Meals and coffee breaks will be provided during the training.
- Technical support will be provided to the selected participants to obtain the visa to Italy.
Entrepreneurs for Social Change aims to help Euro-Mediterranean entrepreneurs to specialise in particularly promising industrial sectors, focusing in particular on the green economy for 2017-2018. In order to be considered for selection, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a young social entrepreneur aged 18 to 35.
- Have a social enterprise (or be in the process of establishing a social enterprise), which is either leveraging cultural and religious diversity or promoting broader social change and can potentially create economic opportunities and social inclusion for a specific community or across communities. The social enterprise can already be established or be in its initial stages, the applicant must demonstrate how its idea is grounded and sustainable.
- For the current edition, the young social entrepreneurs will be selected among those whose social enterprise is headquartered in one of the following 26 countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestinian territories, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
- Hold a passport valid until at least until 5th May 2018 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country issuing the visa).
- Have the social enterprise headquartered in a Euro-Med country.
- Be fluent in spoken English.
Organizers will adopt the following selection criteria:
- Applicant’s background;
- Applicant’s motivation and talent;
- Objectives of the social enterprise;
- Capacity to frame social context and diversity issues;
- Capacity to address social and economic challenges;
- Capacity of the social enterprise to generate employment;
- Financial sustainability of the social enterprise.
Deadline: August 15, 2017