SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Full list of DAAD Scholarship Requirements for Masters and PhD Students
This Article is about the Full list of DAAD scholarships Requirements for Masters and Ph.D Applicants , we intend to Respond to the comments to our previously written article on 5 Proven Steps to Win DAAD Scholarships. The article will also answer some frequently asked questions about DAAD scholarship program .
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) ) and 36 months for PhD.
READ ALSO: 7 Easy Steps to win HEC Scholarships
Some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About DAAD Scholarship
- Is there an age limit for DAAD scholarships?
There is no fixed age limit. However, some scholarship programes specify that only a certain amount of time should have elapsed since the last degree was taken. For details, please refer to the respective Call for Applications.
- I have not completed my university degree at the time of application. Am I still eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Yes, in programmes for graduates you may apply at the earliest in the last year of your studies and you must satisfy all the academic requirements specified in the Call for Applications by the time the funded studies begin. You should have submitted your degree certificate before funding begins.
- I’m already in Germany. Am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, if you have been resident in Germany for no longer than 15 months at the time of application, you are eligible to apply, if not stated otherwise.
- I am not currently living in my country of origin. Am I still eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Please note that your country of permanent residence or the country in which you have lived in the year before your application is usually of relevance for the application procedure. We strongly recommend that you obtain information and advice and find out which scholarship programmes are open to you, and whether you have to apply from your country of residence or country of origin.
You can find out where your nearest contact person is in the scholarship database under the “Contact and advice” tab.
- I am enrolled in a study programme at a German university with the aim of obtaining a qualification in Germany, or I am completing a doctoral degree at a German university. Can I apply for funding abroad?
Under certain circumstances persons with foreign citizenship can also be considered for funding programmes intended for German individuals. Please check the DAAD website for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria (in German only).
- Can I apply for a scholarship whatever subject I am studying?
The DAAD offers scholarship programes throughout the world that are generally open to all subjects, even though there are some restrictions for certain disciplines such as medicine. There are also subject-specific programes. In the scholarship database you can select the scholarships that are offered for your group of subjects.
Full list of DAAD Scholarship Requirements for Masters and PhD Students
- The applicants should Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Candidates must fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates must have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning of the study course; a minimum German language level of A2 at the time of application. In addition, German language proficiency at B1 level are highly recommended.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
SOME DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS YOU CAN APPLY FOR
DAAD is offering scholarships to candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLV) countries to pursue Master’s degree at the Asian Institute of Technology AIT in Thailand.
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) Secretariat is pleased to announce the fifth round of PhD scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support. Apply Now
www.worldscholarshipforum.com is pleased to announce the third call for M.Sc and PhD scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funding support. DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programmes. These scholarships are targeting applicants from Kenya and Sub-Saharan Africa region to support selected M.Sc and PhD Programmes.
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is inviting applications from qualified candidates for DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy for 2017/18 academic year. Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is calling on individuals olready on CARTA fellowship from the Eastern Africa region to apply for PhD scholarships.
6.DRD/DAAD Masters & PhD Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2018-2019- Apply Now
DRD/DAAD Masters & PhD Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2017/2018-Apply Now
Applications are now been accepted for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2018 for International Students. The Scholarship is designed Students enrolled to Study Public Policy and Good Governance for the year 2018 academic session. This scholarship is for students who wants to pursue a masters degree and eligibility criteria is of the essence.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions. ..READ MORE
we hope this article is helpful , if you any question what so ever do well to drop your comments and share your contributions,