International students with undergraduate degrees less than 6 years can apply to DAAD scholarship to further their education.
To become a beneficiary of this scholarship opportunity, this article elaborates on DAAD scholarship requirements for masters and PhD students. So, before you follow these proven steps to win a DAAD scholarship, read up all the documents you should have.
DAAD scholarships are available to foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines. As an eligibility requirement to take a postgraduate degree at any state-recognized university in Germany, applicants must have at least two years’ professional experience.
The first step to becoming a beneficiary to having all the necessary documents. So, find the right requirements for any DAAD Scholarship by reading through this piece. A glance at the table of contents below reveals the scholarships while reading through reveals all requirements.
- About DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD Students
- Is It Hard to Get a German Academic Exchange Service Scholarship?
- What are the Requirements for DAAD Scholarship for Masters and Ph.D. Students?
- Some German Academic Exchange Service You Can Apply For
- #1. DAAD Scholarships for Masters at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand, 2020
- #2. DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships 2020 for African Students
- #3. German Academic Exchange Service M.Sc and Ph.D. Scholarships for Kenyans 2020
- #4. PASGR DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy, 2020
- #5. DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2020
- #6. DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020- Apply Now
- #7. Fully Funded: DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships for International Students
- DAAD Scholarship Requirements Frequently Asked Questions
- AUTHOR’S RECOMMENDATION
About DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD Students
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) ) and 36 months for Ph.D. For you to really apply and win the DAAD scholarship, you will really need to know the DAAD Scholarship Requirements for Masters and PhD Students.
Is It Hard to Get a German Academic Exchange Service Scholarship?
To get a DAAD scholarship is not really hard. The difficulty lies in your ability to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
Generally, there is no upper age limit and foreign students in Germany for less than 15 months can also apply.
So, to stand a chance- you need to get hold of all DAAD scholarship requirements; then, apply rightly, and on time.
What are the Requirements for DAAD Scholarship for Masters and Ph.D. Students?
To be eligible to apply for DAAD scholarship, you:
- should hold a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- must fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- must have at least two years’ professional experience
- can prove your motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- must work either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic, or social areas.
- must make sure your academic degree is not more than six years old.
- should pass your German Language Course (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning of the study course; a minimum German language level of A2 at the time of application. In addition, German language proficiency at the B1 level is highly recommended.
- must have IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internets based) for courses in English:
Some German Academic Exchange Service You Can Apply For
#1. DAAD Scholarships for Masters at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand, 2020
DAAD is offering scholarships to candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLV) countries to pursue Master’s degree at the Asian Institute of Technology AIT in Thailand.
#2. DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships 2020 for African Students
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) Secretariat is pleased to announce the fifth round of Ph.D. scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support.
#3. German Academic Exchange Service M.Sc and Ph.D. Scholarships for Kenyans 2020
www.worldscholarshipforum.com is pleased to announce the third call for M.Sc and Ph.D. scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funding support.
DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programs. These scholarships are targeting applicants from Kenya and Sub-Saharan Africa region to support selected M.Sc and Ph.D. Programs.
#4. PASGR DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy, 2020
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is inviting applications from qualified candidates for DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy for 2020 academic year. Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
#5. DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2020
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is calling on individuals already on CARTA fellowship from the Eastern Africa region to apply for Ph.D. scholarships.
#6. DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020- Apply Now
DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020.
#7. Fully Funded: DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships for International Students
Applications are now been accepted for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2020 for International Students. The Scholarship is designed Students enrolled to Study Public Policy and Good Governance for the year 2020 academic session.
This scholarship is for students who want to pursue a master’s degree and eligibility criteria are of the essence.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
DAAD Scholarship Requirements Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an age limit for DAAD scholarships?
There is no fixed age limit. However, some scholarship programmes specify that only a certain amount of time should have elapsed since the last degree was taken. For details, please refer to the respective Call for Applications.
I have not completed my university degree at the time of application. Am I still eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Yes, in programs for graduates you may apply at the earliest in the last year of your studies and you must satisfy all the academic requirements specified in the Call for Applications by the time the funded studies begin. You should have submitted your degree certificate before funding begins.
I’m already in Germany. Am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, if you have been resident in Germany for no longer than 15 months at the time of application, you are eligible to apply, if not stated otherwise.
I am not currently living in my country of origin. Am I still eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the DAAD scholarship if your country of origin is eligible. Visit the scholarship database under the “Contact and advice” tab for more information.
I am enrolled in a study programme at a German university with the aim of obtaining a qualification in Germany. Can I apply for funding abroad?
Under certain circumstances, persons with foreign citizenship can also be considered for funding programs intended for German individuals. Please check the DAAD website for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria (in German only).
Can I apply for a scholarship whatever subject I am studying?
The DAAD offers scholarship programs is generally open to all subjects, even though there are some restrictions for certain disciplines such as medicine.
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020 -APPLY NOW
- Middlesex University London Arts and Creative Industries Scholarships in UK,
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program in Canada
- University of Leicester Centenary Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students in UK,
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme for Study in UK Universities- APPLY
- Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & Ph.D. At the University of Newcastle In Australia 2020
- ONGOING: Pakistan Commonwealth General Scholarship Program
- AIMS Grants Program for US Citizens 2020
- Dalhousie University Master and PhD Scholarship – Canada
- Hrant Dink Foundation Turkey-Armenia Fellowship Scheme,
- Top 25 scholarships To Study In Europe(SHARE THIS)
- ICFJ TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals in USA,