Applicatons for the 2017 DOST-SEI Junior Level Science Scholarship Program is currently ongoing. The publications comes in a form form applicants to fill and return to the board i.e Republic of the Philippines, Department of Science and Technology, SCIENCE EDUCATION INSTITUTE, P.O. Box 18 Taguig Post Office.
The scholarship program under Republic Act No. 10612 aims to strengthen the country’s science and technology
education by fast-tracking graduates in the sciences, mathematics and engineering who shall teach science and mathematics in secondary schools throughout the country.
Scholarships under the Republic Act No. 7687 are awarded to poor, talented and deserving students who belong to families whose socio-economic status do not exceed the set values of certain indicators.
A. General Criteria of Eligibility
- natural-born Filipino citizen;
- poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;
- incoming regular 3rd year college student in an identified priority
- has a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 83% or its equivalent in his/her first and second years in college;
- resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the
- of good moral character and in good health; and
qualifier of the 2017 JLSS Examination
Filing of Application: September 22, 2017
Schedule of Examination : November 19, 2017