SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are currently ongoing for the Fulbright Scholarship Program for Nigerian Students 2018/2019. The Fulbright Visiting Scholarship Program supports the research and teaching of scholars visiting colleges and universities in the U.S. What are you waiting for? Do your Research in USA Free.
What you need to know about Fulbright Scholarship:
The Junior Staff Development Program is a non-degree program funded by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. and administered by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York.
The program is designed primarily to strengthen capacities of African universities through higher degree training and to develop the potential of their academic staff. It is targeted at young and exceptionally promising faculty members who wish to conduct their doctoral research in the United States.
Applicants must be at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline at a Nigerian university or research institute at the time of application. However, preference will be given to those applicants in the areas of natural and social sciences, arts, and humanities.
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship is designed for Students pursuing their doctoral and Research program in any choice Course.
The Scholarship is Hosted in the USA.
The Scholarship is for Only Nigerian Students.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria.
- Applicants must be doctoral students and have the endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants must be at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must meet a minimum score of 100 in the internet based TOEFL test.
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not studied in the U.S.
- Applicants in business, law and accounting should understand that most U.S. institutions rarely accept research students in these fields due to high demand for full-time programs and tuition concerns. As a consequence, we face great challenges in finding placements for such grantees unless their proposals are tilted toward economics, development-related areas, democracy, human rights and conflict resolution.
Applicants are advised to read the instructions preceding the application carefully and seek the assistance of senior colleagues who are Fulbright alumna before they commence to fill in the forms.
How to Apply for Fulbright Scholarship for Nigerian Students:
All applicants must fill out the online application forms completely and attach their supporting documents online (3 academic and professional references, Curriculum Vitae, academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and writing sample.)
ONLY online applications are accepted. Interested applicants can apply online at the following website: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/
- Application closes: 1st June, 2018
Award Provider: Fulbright Commission