SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
All qualified students are now invited to apply for the 2018-2020 Fulbright Student Scholarship Program, a grant to obtain a master’s degree at a university in the United States. The program, which covers a maximum of two academic years of study beginning in August 2018, is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State through the U.S. Embassy in Beirut. Originally proposed by Senator J. William Fulbright in 1945, this scholarship has become the U.S. government’s flagship program in international educational exchange. The program is fully funded by the U.S. Congress and administered by AMIDEAST.
The grant includes: roundtrip airfare between Lebanon and the United States, tuition, books, health insurance, and room and board. Funding is not available to meet the expenses of Fulbright students’ dependents (spouses, children, parents, etc.)
A. Applicant Requirements
A competitive applicant will have an excellent academic record, strong English language skills, an outstanding character, and the commitment to return to Lebanon upon completion of the program.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Lebanese citizen or a legal, long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon.
- Reside in Lebanon at the time of the application.
- Cannot be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder).
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education (or will graduate with a bachelor’s degree before summer 2018).
- Demonstrate academic excellence within his/her field of specialization.
- Pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
- Be applying for a master’s degree in any field of study exceptelectrical, mechanical and computer engineering, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, or other clinical fields (nursing administration is permitted).
- Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply, but priority will be given to fields of study in: humanities, social sciences, political science, public administration, journalism, urban planning, rural and economic development, entrepreneurship, gender studies or other fields that are not available in Lebanon.
- Obtain a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based test).
Application Deadline: Monday, May 15, 2017
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the United States.
- Fulbright students must return to Lebanon for at least two years upon completion of the program and will not be eligible for U.S. employment, immigration or residency visas during that time period. Fulbright students are eligible to apply for student, tourist, and business visas to the U.S. after completing the Fulbright program.
- Complete the application online at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/.
- Answer all questions accurately and completely.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Carefully write the essays, which are key components of the application. Each essay must be a minimum of 250 to a maximum of 600 words. The selection committee will review these essays closely.
- Deliver hardcopies of the following supporting documents to the AMIDEAST office:
C. Application Instructions
- 1. TOEFL iBT score
Note: The paper-based ITP TOEFL available at AMIDEAST is acceptable at the time of application. Selected finalists will be required to take the TOEFL iBT for entry into graduate programs.
- One official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate degree (in English).
- Documentation of class rank (if available)
- Copy of all degrees in English (if available)
- Three sealed letters of recommendation (two from university professors). Letters of recommendation can be submitted online. Master of Business Administration (MBA) candidates: Three letters of recommendation (two from professional colleagues).
Note: All recommendations must be submitted on the official Fulbright letter of recommendation form available on the website. No one writing a recommendation should submit a letter using any other format.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Copy of only the biodata information page in English from the applicant’s passport (if available)
- Two recent passport-sized photos with applicant’s name written on the back
Optional Submission of Graduate-Level Exam Scores
- Applicants for most graduate programs must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- MBA degree applicants must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) instead of the GRE and have a minimum of two years of work experience (by August 2017).
- · Applicants are not required to submit graduate exam results at the time of application. Scores may be submitted if available. Final selection of Fulbright grantees, however, will be contingent upon successful completion of the requisite exams in August 2017. Serious applicants are encouraged to prepare in advance for these required exams.
Submission deadline for all application materials is Monday, May 15, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Applications must be completed online. Supporting documents must be received at AMIDEAST by Monday, May 15, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an in-person interview in June 2017. Phone interviews are not possible.
For additional Fulbright program and application information, please contact AMIDEAST:
Bazerkan Building, First Floor
Nejmeh Square (next to Parliament)
Beirut Central District
Phone: (01) 989901, ext 162
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm