Last updated on April 30th, 2018 at 02:38 pm
Offers are up for Slavic Fulbright Award lasting from 4 to 9 months at the University of Washington in Seattle (UW) and University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in USA. Polish students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Slavic Fulbright Award is a scholarship lasting from 4 to 9 months, designed for employees working in Polish scientific institutions who specialize in the culture and history of Polish and Central and Eastern Europe.
Funded by the U.S. Government, the Fulbright Programme aims at achieving mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange.
For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the given ETS Authorized Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers is required.
Award is 4 to 6 months long.
Award is available at Polish scientific institutions who specialize in the culture and history of Polish and Central and Eastern Europe. The scholarship allows conducting classes with students at one of the two universities cooperating with the Polish-American Fulbright Commission:
- University of Washington in Seattle (UW)– courses of literary studies, film studies, in the field of art in a historical perspective, social or political; courses on the impact of culture Central and Eastern Europe to other European countries; or
- University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)– courses of cultural studies, in the area of gender studies and film studies / medioznawczej in the context of Central and Eastern Europe.
The amount of the scholarship and the one-time additions be approved every year by the Polish-American Fulbright Commission. The scholarship may include:
- Fellow travel expenses to / from the USA (up to $ 1,500).
- Subsistence scholarship holder, according to the rates agreed with the host institution and the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES).
- Add-in designed to cover the costs of moving scholar and disposal in the United States.
- Add-in designed to cover the costs of participation in conferences and the implementation of the project.
- Allowance for living expenses of one family member, if the grantees accompanied by a minimum of 80% of the stay.
Scholarship can be taken in
USA (University of Washington in Seattle (UW) and University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC))
The scholarship may apply for people who:
- They are Polish citizens and do not have a dual Polish and US citizenship or permanent residence card in the US (green card).
- Not reside in the United States at the time of the application for a scholarship, and their total stay in the US for the past 6 years preceding the submission of the application is less than 5 years.9-month (or longer) stay in the United States in a calendar year, it is recognized as an annual stay. In addition, preference given to candidates who have not recently lived in the US for a long time, which is defined as a period exceeding 1 academic year (9 months) in the last 5 years.
- Meet the formal requirements of J-1 visa .
- They have a minimum of a PhD and are employed in Polish universities or scientific institutions Senior lecturer minimum.
- They show a very good knowledge of English.
- Within submit an application in the Embark along with the required Documents application.
Polish students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
Appendices 1-6 should be in English:
- Project description teaching (i.e. Project Statement).
- Detailed syllabi of the proposed activities with bibliography in MLA format .
- Curriculum vitae with a list of achievements, including awards and publication in scientific journals.
- Current certificate of employment in the Polish establishment of a teaching or research.
- A document proving a very good knowledge of the English language at a level no lower than C1, e.g. The result of passing a test / exam / language certificate (it is also recognized certifying of passing the doctoral examinations in English) or the diploma in English with a supplement or a list of ratings.
- Three letters of recommendation that a person recommending the issue through Embark system.
- Address form and the consent to the processing of data and the checklist (available here ).