The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), is offering fully funded scholarships for all international students from Indonesia commencing Master and PhD program in academic year 2018–2019. It opportune the students to pursue a masters degree in the US for one to two years and three years’ study at a US university to pursue a doctoral degree in any field of study except medical sciences. In addition, the scholarship is opened to Indonesian citizens regardless of age who demonstrate a high level of academic ability, as well as leadership potential.
What You Need To Know About The AMINEF Fulbright Scholarship
AMINEF is the foundation that administers the Fulbright program in Indonesia. The Fulbright scholarship program will cover tuition fees and provide stipend for the duration of your study in the USA. Scholarships are available for all students applying to most study programs with the exception of medicine or patient care related subjects.
The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is the binational Fulbright Commission for Indonesia. For twenty-five years we have carried forward the vision and mission of the Fulbright program in Indonesia, which in 2017 celebrated its 65th anniversary.
AMINEF’s many programs for educational exchange have increased mutual understanding between the United States and Indonesia and strengthened the ties that unite our two countries.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
Scholarships available for Master & PhD degree. It is available for most programs with the exception of medicine & patient care related programs.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA. feel free to go through Top 7 Guidelines for Getting a Student Visa in Every country
This scholarship is open to Indonesians who wants to pursue their maters and PhD degrees in USA .
- The scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from scholarship recipient’s home city to the host institution in the US
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs
- Accident and health insurance coverage per US Government guidelines
Support is not provided for accompanying dependents.
Duration of Scholarships
Scholarships are available for the duration of your study program.
AMINEF Fulbright Scholarships Eligibility
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale)
- Have a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 550 or IELTS equivalent
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the US
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
- Be willing to work for at least five years before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program
An applicant will be ineligible if he or she is:
- An employee, close family member of an employee, or dependent of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Currently pursuing another degree
- Receiving another scholarship at the time of the application
- Pursuing another similar program for a double degree
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Completed application form, including one-page study objective
- Copy of most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS scores
- Two letters of reference, either from an employer or a university lecturer
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
How to Apply For The AMINEF Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms, which can be downloaded by clicking the link below, and submit them and the above-listed supporting documents in hard copy to AMINEF via mail (postage), or drop them off in person before the application deadline to the following address:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com
The closing date for this scholarship program is February 15, 2019.