The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the availability of Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award programme. The programme is exclusively open for Romanian applicants.
The aim of the award is to strengthen the bond between US and Romania.
The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
Course Level: The programme is available to pursue a semester-long fellowship in residence at the University of Rochester.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of Entrepreneurship and Product Development.
Scholarship Award: The programme will cover the followings:
- Travel to/from the US, accommodation and general maintenance costs while in the US, settling-in – allowance, professional allowance and dependent allowance (if need be);
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage – ASPE (https://www.sevencorners.com/gov/usdos );
- J-1 visa sponsorship and administration (https://j1visa.state.gov/);
- Pre-departure support, including one-day Orientation Program (mid-June 2018);
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchanges of Scholars/ CIES (www.cies.org) and by the Council on International Educational Exchange/CIEE (http://www.ciee.org/) – for a series of Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award program-related activities.
- The Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award does not cover: computer hardware or equipment purchase; leisure travel; personal shopping gifts; additional expenses that relate to lifestyle preferences.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Nationality: Romanian applicants are eligible for the programme.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
- Hold a PhD degree and carry out regular teaching responsibilities;
- Demonstrate interest and ability to fully participate in the educational experience and to implement entrepreneurship education upon return;
- Show willingness to advance educational innovation through development of a national entrepreneurship education association;
- Have the support* of their home university for achievement of high impact results for Romanian students;
- Show a proficiency in English corresponding to the activities required by this type of program; a language proficiency test is not required
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English corresponding to the activities required by this type of program.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online processor.
- An online application form
- A personal statement uploaded to the online application;
- One letter of support, provided by your home university administrator/vice-rector or faculty dean using the standard form directly uploaded to the online application, by October 24, 2017 (postmarked);
- The applicant’s CV, along with a valid passport copy, plus dependent’s valid passports (if need be), uploaded to the corresponding sections of the online application.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 24, 2017.