SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award 2017-2018
The Fulbright-RAF (Romanian-American Foundation) Scholar Award in the field of Entrepreneurship & Product Development offers Romanian academics from technical universities and faculties the opportunity to hold a semester-long fellowship in residence at the University of Rochester – AIN Center for Entrepreneurship, for study and independent research, curriculum development, classroom observation and participation in community-based entrepreneurial activities.
The success of the program entails visionary professors committed to learning and implementing best practices in entrepreneurship education, as well as university administrators committed to supporting new programs for their students.
As part of the program, administrators from selected universities will be invited to visit the U.S. during the residency semester to learn about the grantees’ experience and observe an active entrepreneurial ecosystem first hand.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• hold Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
• hold a PhD degree and carry out regular teaching responsibilities;
• demonstrate interest and ability to fully participate in the educational experience and to implement entrepreneurship education upon return;
• show willingness to advance educational innovation through development of a national entrepreneurship education association;
• have the support* of their home university for achievement of high impact results for Romanian students;
• show a proficiency in English corresponding to the activities required by this type of program; a language proficiency test is not required.
*Home university administrators should submit a university letter of support to confirm their support for scholar’s participation in the program and also for implementation of entrepreneurship education opportunities upon his/her return.
DURATION: 4 months (one semester)
The Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award program provides international travel, accident/sickness insurance, accommodation, a monthly stipend covering living expenses and a travel allowance for participation in designated professional events.
EACH APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT**:
• an online application form (https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/);
• a personal statement uploaded to the online application;
• one letter of support, provided by your home university administrator/vice-rector or faculty dean using the standard form (link to be provided in May) directly uploaded to the online application;
• the applicant’s CV, along with a valid passport copy, plus dependent’s valid passports (if need be), uploaded to the corresponding sections of the online application;
**The competition for grants in the academic year 2018-2019 will be launched in mid May 2017. The official announcement of the program, the form for the university letter of support as well as the application instructions will be available through www.fulbright.ro, once the competition is launched.
• applications are pre-screened for eligibility and completeness;
• applications are assessed by Romanian and U.S. specialists in the field;
• the applicants recommended by reviewers will be invited to an in-person interview conducted in English by a bi-national panel, in January, 2018;
• the nominated finalists are subject to final approval by the Foreign Scholarship Board.
After the ranking following the interview, the list of the Romanian nominees and their proposals will be forwarded to Washington DC to be approved by the International Fulbright Scholar Board of Directors.
AFFILIATION TO U.S. UNIVERSITIES
The Council for International Exchanges of Scholars (CIES) will team up with the Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission in order to carry out the Romanian finalists’ affiliation process to the University of Rochester – AIN Center for Entrepreneurship. Exchanges will begin in the academic year 2018-2019.
All the candidates selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report if and when demanded.
For any questions concerning the Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award competition, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org