The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program offers the opportunities for graduates of Islamic Studies from relevant faculties at Al Azhar University or the faculties of Dar Al Ulum to pursue master’s degrees, or Ph.D. degrees or to conduct research in Islamic Studies in the United States
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): Egypt and the USA
- Master’s Degree Grants, for persons wishing to pursue a master’s degree in the U.S.
- One-year grants, for persons registered for the Ph.D. degree who wish to conduct research in the U.S.
- Ph.D. Grants for persons wishing to pursue Ph.D. studies in the U.S.
- Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Islamic Studies graduate from Al Azhar University or the faculties of Dar Al Ulum.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of “Good”.
- For non-degree applicants: proof of registered doctoral thesis.
- Language Requirements:
- For Master’s degrees or non-degree applicants: minimum Institutional TOEFL (ITP) score by an approved testing center of 450 or its equivalent iBT (45), or IELTS (4) from AMIDEAST Egypt (38 Mohy El Din Aboul Ezz Street, Dokki, or 15 Abdel Hamid El Abbady Street, Roushdy, Alexandria, General Tel: 19263) or any of the ETS approved centers listed below
- For Ph.D. degrees: minimum institutional TOEFL (ITP) score of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from AMIDEAST Egypt (38 Mohy El Din Aboul Ezz Street, Dokki, or 15 Abdel Hamid El Abbady Street, Roushdy, Alexandria, General Tel: 19263) or any of the ETS approved centers listed below
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Travel allowance
- Pre-academic intensive English language training
- Other allowances
- Medical insurance
- Tuition and/or university fees
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of Program
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2017 – 4:30 P.M
How to Apply: Application: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international
All applications and required supporting documents should be submitted via the online system. If applicants are not able to submit the required supporting documents due to internet limitations, they may submit them directly to the Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt at 21 Amer Street, Al Messaha, Dokki, 12311, Giza, Egypt
Award Provider: Fulbright Commission