The Free University of Brussels is delighted to announce Individual Fellowship open to all fields of research for the duration of five years. This fellowship is available for applicants of all nationalities.
Individual Fellowship at the Université libre de Bruxelles, [email protected], is a comprehensive fellowship programme providing excellent experienced researchers the opportunity to conduct frontier research and receive diversified training in an environment of scientific excellence and state-of-the-art facilities, under the supervision of renowned academics and with the support of an extensive collaboration network of academic and non-academic institutions.
The Free University of Brussels abbreviated ULB, is a French-speaking private research university in Brussels, Belgium. It was established in 1834 by Belgian lawyer Pierre-Théodore Verhaegen, it is one of the most important Belgian universities.
A major research center open to Europe and the world, it has about 24,200 students, 33% of whom come from abroad, and an equally cosmopolitan staff. In 2018, ULB was globally ranked 175th by The Times Higher Education, 151th by Shanghai Ranking (AWRU).
What You Need To Know About The Free University of Brussels Individual Research Fellowship:
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: [email protected] will propose three calls within a five-year programme. To impact ULB’s post-doctoral policy as widely as possible, the project will be open to all fields of research, organised into three panels:
- Social Sciences and Humanities,
- Physical and Engineering Sciences, and
- Life Sciences.
Scholarship is to be taken in Belgium. . Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
This fellowship is available for applicants of all nationalities.
The financial structure of the fellowship is as follows:
|Cost categories||Amount (€/month)|
|Fellow-related costs||Living allowance: 3.503,21Mobility allowance: 400,00|
Family allowance: 150,00
|Research-related costs||Travel allowance: 200,00Research costs: 500,00|
Other (training, etc.): 300,00
The living allowance is an indicative value for 2018 and is subject to minor changes of approximately +2% due to yearly indexation. It covers the amount of an untaxed fellowship contract that is equivalent to an employment contract.
The fellowship contract is fully subject to the Provisions of the Belgian Social Security System covering health insurance, maternity leave, sick pay in case of hospitalisation, disability insurance, national pension system, national unemployment system, insurance against workplace accidents, family benefits and provisions towards occupational diseases.
The Free University of Brussels Individual Research Fellowship Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for applicants of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants of any age and of any nationality are eligible.
Eligible applicants are experienced researchers:
- With a PhD degree and maximum 7 years of post-doctoral experience at the date of the call deadline or
- Without a PhD but a documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years at the date of the call deadline.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree allowing him or her to embark on a doctorate. This needs to be proven by the employment (or equivalent) contracts.
- Eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work,w studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 3 years before the call deadline.
- Eligible applicants should not have already benefited from a postdoctoralw fellowship in Belgium for more than six (6) months before the call deadline.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How To Apply For The Free University of Brussels Individual Research Fellowship:
Applications are submitted on line in the dedicated platform accessible at [email protected] (www.if-atulb.ulb.be). Applications sent via other means (e-mail, post, etc.) will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit the application on time to avoid last minute delays due to the high number of submissions. The submission platform will be automatically deactivated at precisely 17:00 (UTC+2) on Monday October 15th, 2018 and will not be able to accept further submissions. No extension will be granted unless there is an unequivocal technical issue with the submission platform, in which case all applicants will be notified accordingly.
The application file of the applicants is complete when all the following documents are submitted in .pdf format:
- A copy of the PhD degree or a certificate confirming that all the requirementsw related to the PhD programme in the home institution are fulfilled prior to the call deadline.
- If no PhD degree has been obtained, a career description proving at least four years of full-time research experience by the call deadline. Applicants should attach proofs (e.g. contract, employer certificate) proving their research experience.
- A detailed CV of maximum 5 pages, including a publication list. The mandatory template is available at the call website.
- A research and training project of maximum 10 pages describing the state-ofthe-art,w the research questions and/or objectives, the methodology, the work plan, the training programme in an academic and, if relevant, non-academic environment, the dissemination, exploitation and communication activities, the information on ethics issues (not included in the 10 pages, see section 7.1). A compulsory template is available at the call website.
- The letter of acceptance from a ULB academic member confirming that thew applicant, if successful, will be integrated in the research group and receive the appropriate training. Applicants are invited to consult the ULB Research inventory to identify a supervisor: http://www.ulb.ac.be/rech/inventaire/facultes/index.html
- A copy of the passport or identity card.