SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship Program
The Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) is glad to announce the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship Program. This call is intended to undergraduate sophomores and juniors who have at least a 3.00 GPA. Only the United States citizens or U.S. permanent residents are welcome to apply. Ten the most deserving applicants will be selected to receive the awards. The application deadline is September 15, 2017.
This fellowship is a partnership between the Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions and the Council on International Educational Exchange. The purpose of the program is to provide scholarships opportunities for those students who demonstrate a financial need. Ten (10) Fellows will be selected.
Awards will cover the full cost of travel and participation in a four-week study abroad program sponsored by CIEE.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in any field.
Place of Study
In South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The applicants will be current freshmen or sophomores with a minimum 3.00 GPA who are in good academic standing.
- The applicants must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident and should be Pell Grant eligible.
- Lastly, in order to be eligible for this opportunity, at the time of application students should be enrolled at an accredited Minority Serving institution.
- This opportunity is for low-income Therefore, students must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Students who are not Pell Grant eligible, but can provide official documentation from their institution’s financial aid office that indicates financial need may apply.
- Applicants should be undergraduate college students that classify as rising sophomores or rising juniors at the time of participation (summer 2018)
- This application is for students interested in the Fellowship for participation in the summer 2018 experience in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Fellows from prior cohorts are ineligible from applying again
Only the United States citizens or U.S. permanent residents may apply this fellowship.
Application should be made online through the link below.
The Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship applications are due September 15, 2017, by 5:00 pm EST. The award will be announced on November 1, 2017.