SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Are you a scholar who intends to study in Canada?Then this program is for you, hurry now and apply for the Foreign Nationals Quebec Merit Scholarship Program 2017-2018, Canada, only eligible candidates will be considered for this program
Quebec Merit Scholarship Program Candidates from all disciplines are eligible to submit an application to one of the following competitions: V1 Doctoral; V2 Postdoctoral; V3 Short Term Research; Brazil 1B Doctoral; 2B Postdoctoral; 3B Short Term Research; India 1I Doctoral; 2I Postdoctoral; 3I Short Term Research; and Wallonie 1W Doctoral; and 3W Short Term Research. Please take note that there is no Postdoctoral Competition for QuebecWallonie category. 1) Open to Nationals of all countries – Unrestricted Categories:V1 Doctoral, V2 Postdoctoral and V3 Short Term Research Competitions 2) Open to Nationals of all countries – Unrestricted Categories: International Doctoral FQRNT and FQRNT Scholarships 3) Open to Country Specific Categories: Brazil, India, and Wallonie.
Level: short-term research or professional development, postdoctoral and doctoral research
Field(s): learn any of the courses
School(Institutions/ Country):Canadian Universities | Canada
Scholarship covers: Doctoral Research Scholarship: valued at $25,000 per year for up to three years (tenable within the first nine terms of the doctoral program), and MELS will offer all recipients an exemption from paying the international tuition fees and the medical insurance coverage offered by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec. All doctoral sessions, funded or unfunded, completed before the scholarship takes effect are used in calculating the eligibility period. -Postdoctoral Fellowship: valued at $35,000 per year for one year non renewable. Postdoctoral fellowships are intended for new researchers who obtained their degree no more than two years before the deadline date for the competition or who submitted their dissertation by January 2015 at the latest, the deadline date for the beginning of the fellowship. Postdoctoral research must be conducted in an institution other than the one that granted the Doctorate. -Short-term research or professional development: valued at $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months. These scholarships are intended for technical and university students (Option A) or researchers who have completed a doctorate no more than five years before the deadline date for the competition (Option B).
Quebec Merit Scholarship Program Candidates cannot apply directly to the agency they must be nominated by a University.
‣ Only candidates nominated by a University may submit an application to the provincial competition.
‣ Each Quebec University may submit:
- 4 nominations to the unrestricted competition for each competition: V1, V2 and V3; -2 nominations to the International Doctoral FQRNT competition (Aerospace, Information Technology and Communication, Health and Technology, Genomics and Nanotechnology);
- 2 nominations to the International Doctoral FQRSC competition (Social Sciences, Humanities, and Fine Arts);
- 1 nomination for Brazil for each competition: 1B Doctoral; 2B Postdoctoral; 3B Short Term Research;
- 1 nomination for India for each competition: 1I Doctoral; 2I Postdoctoral; 3I Short Term Research;
- 1 nomination for Wallonie for each competition: 1W and 3W. Please take note that there is no postdoctoral competition for this category.
‣ The Quebec-Wallonie competition is open to Francophone Belgians.
Have what it takes to avail Quebec Merit Scholarship Program ?
- Must meet all eligibility conditions as at the date of the closing of the competition (usually the end of October).
- Cannot have submitted another application for any of the three components of the program in the same year.
- Cannot have already received a merit scholarship for foreign students.
- Cannot be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Cannot have applied for permanent resident status under Canadian immigration law. Candidates conducting research in the following fields may apply to the International Doctoral FQRNT Competition: Aerospace, Information Technology and Communication, Health and Technology, Genomics and Nanotechnology. Please take note that this competition is open to doctoral international students only.
- Candidates conducting research in the following fields may apply to the International Doctoral FQRSC Competition: Social Sciences, Humanities, and Fine Arts. Please take note that this competition is open to doctoral international students only.
- Candidates from Brazil, India, and Wallonie (Francophone Belgians) may choose to be considered for the Unrestricted Country categories as well as the country specific (i.e. V1 Doctoral – Unrestricted category & Brazil category). As well, the same doctoral candidates may choose to be considered for the International FQRNT/FQRSC competitions
Selection Criteria for Quebec Merit Scholarship Program
‣ The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of following:
- Excellence of University Record;
- Aptitude for research and relevant research experience;
- Scientific quality and interest of the proposed research project and quality of the research environment
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application Process:
Step 1: Print out all the necessary material and download the required files from the School of Graduate Studies website and the FQRNT website (available after June 30th).
Step 2: Candidates may only submit one application to either the V1 Doctoral, V2 Postdoctoral or V3 Short Term Research competition.
Step 3: Determine whether you are eligible to apply for one or more of the sub categories (i.e. Unrestricted and Brazil) – consult the FQRNT website.
Step 4: Download and complete the PDF fillable Concordia Pre-Selection Form.
Step 5: Obtain two (2) letters of references from referees who are familiar with your work
Step 6: Verify the application for completeness Step 7: Candidates must submit their complete application with copies of their transcripts to their Department.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: November 15th, 2017, 4 PM
- Submission of applications for preselection : Variable (see in the Toolbox)
- Submission to FRQNT of the preselected candidates by responsible bodies (universities, Réseau Trans-tech, SRE) : September 22th 2017
- Submission to FRQNT of the candidates preselected by CSC : March 31st 2018
- Submission of application to FRQNT by preselected candidates : November 15th 2017, 4 pm
- Eligibility conditions and citizenship
- Preselection of candidates
- Submitting applications
- Required supporting documents
- Evaluation of applications
- Awarding of scholarships and announcement of results
- Rules for using scholarships
- Research ethics and Conformity
- Integrity of the evaluation process
- Liability of the Fonds
- False or misleading information
- Other aspects
- General considerations
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.