Ford Foundation and Mozilla is inviting applications for the annual “Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows program”. The fellowship program is an international leadership initiative that brings together technology talent and civil society organizations to advance and protect the open Web. Fellows who will win the fellowship program receive a $60,000 annual stipend (allocated over the 10-month period) fellows also receive a travel stipend and the cost of travel for fellowship required events/conferences are also covered.
The Ford Foundation is a New York-headquartered, globally oriented private foundation with the mission of advancing human welfare. Created in 1936 by Edsel Ford and Henry Ford, it was originally funded by a US$25,000 gift from Edsel Ford.
- Open to cryptographers, community organizers, educators and makers from around the world.
- Champion the open Internet in collaboration with their fellowship cohort peers
- Are an active contributor to the work, culture, and mission of the host organization
- Participate in Mozilla-organized events, such as conferences, and bi-weekly calls, and community events (MozFest, etc.)
- Communicate and share openly their work on an ongoing basis (e.g., blog posts)
How to Apply:
To be applying you can go through the given link and apply online for the fellowship: https://mozilla.forms.fm/2017-ford-mozilla-open-web-fellows/responses/new
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A stipend of $60,000 USD paid in 10 monthly installments.
- One-time health insurance supplement for Fellows and their families, ranging from $3,500 for single Fellows to $7,000 for a couple with two or more children.
- One-time childcare allotment of up to $6,000 for families with children.
- Allowance of up to $3,000 towards the purchase of laptop computer, digital cameras, recorders and computer software, fees for continuing studies or other courses, research fees or payments, to the extent such purchases and fees are related to the fellowship.
- All approved fellowship trips – domestic and international – are covered in full.
Scholarship submission is due by May 21, 2017, 11:59 PM PST.
Link for More Information: