Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS is inviting applications from eligible Nigerian graduates for the FIRS Recruitment 2021 enrollment in service. This is a golden opportunity for graduates around Nigeria and of Nigerian origin, to secure a job in the taxation and revenue government agency in Nigeria.
FIRS majorly accommodates Nigerians who are graduates of higher institutions with a degree in accounting, business management, taxation or other related fields.
The regulatory body is lead by Mr. William Babatunde Fowler, who also serves as the Chairman, Joint Fiscal Board, and Chairman of the African Tax Administration Forum.
So, in this article, we will acquaint you with the necessary information about FIRS and guidelines on how to apply for the recruitment, the criteria involved, and a lot more.
But first, here’s a table of contents to help you easily navigate through the article.
- What is Federal Inland Revenue Service?
- What Are The Functions of FIRS?
- Salary In Federal Inland Revenue Service
- What Are The Requirements for FIRS Recruitment 2021?
- How To Apply For FIRS 2021 Recruitment
- Which Method of Application Is Easier? Offline or Online
- FIRS Recruitment 2021 | FAQs
- Editor’s Recommendations
What is Federal Inland Revenue Service?
Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) is a regulatory body in Nigeria that is saddled with the responsibility of assessment, collection of, and accounting for revenues accruable to the government of the federation from individuals, corporate entities, and government agencies for the financing of government expenses.
Its services include conducting the online activities of functions like e-Registration, e-Filing, e-Tax Payment and e-Receipt
The Federal Internal Revenue Service, as part of its consolidation strategies, hires the services of beginners with integrity, impulse and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce almost annually.
The name (FIRS) Federal Inland Revenue Service was born in 2007. And has the vision of providing quality services to taxpayers in partnership with all interested parties and making taxes the axis of national development.
Since 2007, FIRS undergoes,
- organizational restructuring,
- promulgation of national fiscal policy,
- better financing,
- legislation, a stronger education for taxpayers,
- a dispute resolution mechanism,
- taxpayer registration and the introduction of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN),
- human capacity building,
- Automation of the key process. ,
- refund mechanism,
- Attention to double taxation agreements (DTA) and the automation of service operations.
Therefore, as a result of these numerous activities, the Federal Internal Revenue Service initiated an annual recruitment plan.
What Are The Functions of FIRS?
Here are the duties and responsibility of the FIRS.
- Increased additional assessment when examining tax returns
- Ensure the uniform application of tax laws, tax regulations, and information circulars.
- Supervise several officers responsible for the evaluation of small businesses, individual business matters, associations, properties, and trusts.
- Conduct consultations on the affairs of small businesses.
- Follow-up of disputed cases through appeal procedures.
- Performing FIRS recruitment
Salary In Federal Inland Revenue Service
The Federal Inland Revenue Service is like any other government agency; the starting salary at grade 8 level is approximately N80,000 to N100,000 per month.
However, we were unable to verify the real wage structure of the FIRS as it is not being disclosed.
What Are The Requirements for FIRS Recruitment 2021?
The FIRS recruitment 2021 requires these minimum qualifications/skill base
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, law, economics, banking and finance, engineering, geology, statistics, computer science, or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field. The related post-qualification experience will be an additional advantage.
- Or higher national diploma in accounting, economics, banking and finance, engineering, geology, statistics, computer science, or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversation with Microsoft Office, web applications, and the use of relevant applications for efficient service provision.
- Very strong leadership and management skills.
- Team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Nigerian tax laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of the business / industrial environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with the laws.
All candidates applying for FIRS recruitment must meet the following requirements
- You must not be more than 30 years old.
- Have an NYSC exemption or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for the appointment at the Service by a recognized doctor at any of these government hospitals: National hospital, Government teaching hospitals and Federal medical centers
- Provide contact details for three references (from the last employer, close family relationship and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on the character and skills demonstrated can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the President / Secretary of your Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
- FIRS believes that computer proficiency is a key requirement for anyone aspiring for a job in the Service.
- You must upload your CVs and certificates.
- You will be asked to take an online qualification exam.
If you certify that you are a qualified candidate, we recommend that you visit the FIRS website and apply for the positions online.
Minimum Level of Past Performance
- Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and nonconformity to establish standards in processes and procedures and demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close the nonconformity determined to standard character attributes
- Demonstrated courage to ensure change within the organization in which he or she has worked through the effective fulfillment of their responsibility despite resistance to change efforts
- The successful candidate must be highly organized, numbered, and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team when necessary, externally, and internally.
- Demonstrable impact on the workplace as a direct result of the individual’s ability to achieve positive and sustainable change in their environment.
- The individual will ideally have knowledge of business deals with the ability to interpret business numbers and profit derivation strategies in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is an entrepreneur and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging goals and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential.
Minimum character attribute
- Have good character and have not been convicted of any crime or have not been charged or dismissed from their workplaces or other settings.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Basically, all you need is a successful track record of consistent personal achievements and a desire to learn/improve with knowledge
Experience demonstrated through the following:
- Talk to Nigerian tax principles, laws and applications.
- Prioritization of tasks and identification of resources necessary to conceptualize ideas in actionable steps.
- Professional skill/courage in the application of tax laws
- Analysis of large / medium/micro and small-scale business accounts
- Virtualization of possible gaps in commercial transactions.
- Interpretation of commercial accounts.
- Other skills:
- Good knowledge of financial principles and laws.
- Experience in tax law enforcement and tax law enforcement.
- Proven history of delivery of established objectives
- People management and development.
Applicants must also keep in mind that, regardless of the position advertised, any of the following will be an additional advantage:
- Masters in a related discipline.
- Certification and professional qualification relevant and recognized.
- Also, if you are familiar with the terrain of the Niger Delta, you have a bonus.
- Security experience if you are applying for the position of Security Assistant.
How To Apply For FIRS 2021 Recruitment
Currently, applications for the 2021 recruitment is NOT ongoing. However, here are a few things to keep in mind when applications start.
- Contact the official FIRS recruitment portal or visit this page frequently, as we will update each time the Federal Internal Revenue Service registration is activated.
- The candidate must follow the instructions to complete his application.
- Only applications with respect to the position would be considered.
- All applicants are expected to apply for ONE position.
- Multiple applications from one candidate for more than one job will be disqualified.
- Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgment containing a reference number that must be cited in all future correspondence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
For more information on FIRS recruitment, click on the button below.
Which Method of Application Is Easier? Offline or Online
All applications can be done online or offline. In order to accommodate the largest applicants across the country, an online platform is considered to be the best.
However, those who prefer offline application can go ahead and do so.
FIRS Online Recruitment 2021 Application
All online applications must go through the official FIRS recruitment platform. To submit your application online, you must
• Visit the Career section on the FIRS recruitment portal
• Select the job you are applying for and go through the requirements.
• Then, go ahead and apply for the job online.
FIRS Online Recruitment 2021 Application
To apply offline, you can send your letter and documentation to FIRS at
Federal Inland Revenue Service
Revenue House (Annex III)
Sokode Crescent, off Michael Okpara St.
Wuse, Zone 5
FIRS Recruitment 2021 | FAQs
What are the functions of FIRS?
The Federal Inland Revenue Service is responsible for assessing, collecting, and accounting for tax and other revenues accruing to the Federal Government.
The State Boards of Internal Revenue and the Local Government Revenue Committees perform similar functions at the State and Local Government levels respectively.
Is tax on revenue or profit?
Income taxes are based on the gross profit that your business earns after subtracting operating expenses from gross revenue.
You must pay federal income tax on the profit that your business earns by April 15 of the year following the year in which you earned the income.
How do I get a FIRS TIN number?
To obtain a TIN for a business already incorporated at the Corporate Affairs Commission, you will need to go to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office that is closest to your registered address.
You can find the locations on the FIRS website with the following documents: Memorandum & Articles of Association.
Is FIRS recruiting now?
According to the latest news on the FIRS recruitment portal, the 2021 Federal Internal Revenue Service (FIRS) recruitment form is not yet online, please DISREGARD any form of advertisement you find.
This page will be updated immediately the form comes out.
When is the closing date of the FIRS 2021 recruitment?
According to the latest news about FIRS Recruitment 2021; the closing date of the application has not been specified. However, this page will be updated as soon as applications start.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) recruitment 2020 is considered as one of the opportunities the government of Nigeria has provided to accommodate the great population of unemployed graduates in the country.
Hence, if you wish to pursue a career with FIRS and serve the nation in such a capacity, then don’t miss this opportunity.
- NIMC Recruitment | Application Form & Salary
- Civil Defence Recruitment: Portal, Requirements, Salary and Ranks
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment | NCS Application Registration Form
- NYSC Portal Login | NYSC Dashboard, Login Guidelines, NYSC Remita
- FRSC Recruitment 2020 Application Form, www.frsc.gov.ng Portal, Ranks And Salaries
- College Dorm Checklist
- NIMC Recruitment 2020/2021 | Application Form & Salary