SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Opportunities are currently ongoing for the FAO Regional Office For Latin America And The Caribbean (RLC) Internship 2017.
JOB TITLE: Various
TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:INTERNSHIP
TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:INTERNSHIP
DUTY STATION: Multiple
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC) Internship 2017
DURATION: From 3 months to 11 months
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to
FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates.
- Applicants pursuing their studies in a country where higher education is not divided into under-graduate and graduate stages must have completed at least three years of full-time studies towards the completion of a degree.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese,English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset.Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation and the evidence of attendance in a recognised university.
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. FAO encourage applicants to submit the applicati on well before the deadline date.
Application Deadline: 31 December 2017
For More Information: