Here’s another facebook sponsored program for you aside from The 2020 Future Global Leaders Fellowship in USA. Facebook has opened the application for a challenge called “Computer Vision for Global Challenge“. This computer vision program has recently progressed rapidly to an unexpected level a few years ago.
Here’s how you can join in the challenge.
About the Facebook Global Challenge
At the same time, internet penetration and mobile phone usage has dramatically increased throughout the world. Simple feature phones, often with cameras, are particularly pervasive in low- and middle-income countries, providing new entry points to address long-standing development challenges in areas like health, agriculture and education. The computer vision community could aid these efforts, but complex technical challenges prevent progress.
Facebook launches a call for proposals for pilot research and early-stage development of computer vision technologies in developing countries. In particular, we are looking for projects that address the technical challenges that hinder the vision of computers in this context, including data and hardware limitations, and better integration of new information sources, such as High-resolution satellite imagery.
Similarly, competing applications will use Computer Vision to achieve global development priorities, including those identified in the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Illustrative applications of computer vision for this type of social impact include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Agricultural extension: better-informing smallholders about crop health, pest control, livestock illnesses, or soil fertility
- Health services: improving diagnosis, dietary, water or sanitation assessments
- Education quality: tools to enhance access to information without requiring high levels of literacy or language skills
- Infrastructure and sustainable industry: improving factory machinery or training to increase safety, jobs or output. Transportation innovations for environmental and human benefit.
- Disaster relief and climate action: visual information for first-responders to fires, floods or other natural disasters. Technologies to manage or mitigate environmental change.
What You Need To Know About Facebook Global Challenge
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020-2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020-2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020-2021
Level/Field of Study
The Facebook Global Challenge is available to students of all levels. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The internship is open to International applicants. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for International students
- Awards will be made in amounts ranging from $20,000 to $40,000 for projects up to 6 months in duration.
- Applicants requesting higher budget amounts, however, will need to demonstrate more robust research designs, novelty and potential to achieve impact. No Facebook data will be provided to award recipients.
- Facebook’s goal is to support the implementation of computer vision applications, which require further testing, pilot data and/or partnership development.
- Facebook aims to support projects that align with our mission, past research, open source tools and state-of-the-art algorithms.
Facebook Global Challenge Eligibility
This opportunity is open to applicants worldwide from academic and/or research institutions that are eligible for research funding. This includes individual researchers addressing a well-defined problem, or multiple university departments. We encourage emerging scholars to apply.
Additional provisions are listed below.
- Awards must comply with the applicable US and international laws, regulations, and policies
- Applicants must be the Principal Investigator on any resulting award
- Applicants may submit one proposal per solicitation
- Organizations must be a nonprofit or non-governmental organization with recognized legal status in their respective country (equal to 501(c)(3) status under the United States Internal Revenue Code).
The proposal must include
- A summary of the project (1-2 pages) explaining the area of focus, the conceptual and methodological distinction between the pilot study and any future follow-on studies, a description of techniques, the research’s applicability to Facebook, a timeline with milestones and expected outcomes
- A budget description (1 page) including an approximate cost of the award and explanation of how funds would be spent
- Curriculum Vitae for all key project participants
- Organization details; this will include tax information and administrative contact details
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- $5,000 I MATTER SCHOLARSHIP
- 5 GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate Degree at Newcastle University in UK
- Top 20 Masters Degree Scholarships for Public Health Students
- Study MBA in China: Top 5 Universities, Academic Requirements, Scholarships, Tuition & Student Visa
- The Future Is Female Scholarship Program
- MedEvac Foundation International Children’s Scholarships
- Top 20 Free Scholarships for Ethiopian Students in America
- Apply: AMINEF Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- 10 BEST MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MARKETING STUDENTS.
- Top 21 Masters Scholarships For Telecommunication Students