Everglades Foundation Research Fellowships & Scholarships In Usa,
The Everglades Foundation is inviting applications for an ongoing fellowships & scholarships for advanced research in support of the restoration of the Florida. These fellowships and scholarships are available to full-time graduate research students pursuing degrees in earth sciences, biological sciences, engineering, geography, planning and resources management, and economics. Both scholarships and fellowships provide $ 20,000 / year (PhD level) and $ 10,000 / year (MSc level) for stipends, tuition fees, travel and other research-related expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Graduate research
Field(s): In general, the Foundation will support research advancing Everglades physical, chemical or biological processes or research in economic impacts of environmental changes. Cross-disciplinary research efforts are of special interest. The Foundation has identified several specific research areas that are also of special interest:
1. Impacts of climate change, sea-level rise, and saltwater intrusion on the Everglades.
2. GIS, remote sensing and geostatistical applications in landscape ecology.
3. Performance and costs of Best Management Practices in South Florida.
4. Phosphorus control in the Everglades and Lake Okeechobee watershed.
5. Temporal and spatial mapping of geochemical properties in the Everglades.
6. Everglades water quality (contaminant detection, removal
|processes and modeling).
7. Ecosystem response to variations in water flow and quality.|
Deadline: July 31, 2017
Funded By: The Everglades Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Everglades Foundation Research Fellowships are targeted for students of USA
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This year, at least two fellowships will be awarded. The number of scholarships depends on the number and quality of applications.
‣ Scholarship covers: Both scholarships and fellowships provide $ 20,000 / year (PhD level) and $ 10,000 / year (MSc level) for stipends, tuition fees, travel, and other research-related expenses. The amount of money associated with the fellowship and scholarship is subject to change.
‣ The Everglades Foundation provides Everglades Foundation Research Fellowships for advanced research in support of the restoration of the Florida Everglades.
‣ The Foundation is committed to supporting graduate research students actively pursuing the development of innovative scientific methods to advance the understanding of Everglades’s physical, chemical or biological processes, or research in economic impacts of environmental changes.
‣ The Everglades Foundation Research Fellowships areopen to full-time graduate research students pursuing degrees in earth sciences, biological sciences, engineering, geography, planning and resources management, and economics.
‣ Cross-disciplinary research efforts are of special interest. Unlike the Scholarship, the Fellowship program will be supporting direct collaboration between university professors (and/or scientists affiliated with other agencies) and Foundation science staff member(s).
‣ This collaboration is to be initiated by the academic staff member at least 6 months before the award is made.
Selection Criteria for Everglades Foundation Research Fellowships
‣ All applications will be reviewed by experts to determine the potential contribution of the work to Everglades restoration.
‣ Recommendations from leading professors and investigators currently active in Everglades research are important.
‣ Other factors include the applicant’s prior research and/or publication record, academic record, the personal essay, and the interdisciplinary nature of the research.
‣ When collaboration is to be developed, the specific work to be done by an Everglades Fellow will be designed with significant participation of a science staff member of the Everglades Foundation (sponsor) who will collaborate with the academic supervisor.
‣ Awards will be announced no later than September 30, 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
Completed applications and letters of reference should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printed packages and letters of reference are also accepted. These can be sent to:
Everglades Foundation Fellowship Program
18001 Old Cutler Road, Suite 625
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
‣ The application for the Everglades Foundation Scholarship and Fellowship should contain the following:
- Cover letter.
- Proposal describing the research that the scholarship would support (no more than 5,000 words). The proposal is to clearly emphasize the expected contributions to Everglades research and relevance to Everglades restoration.
- Proposed budget.
- A personal essay of no more than 2 pages on the candidate’s career goals and how the scholarship will support those goals and contributions.
- A curriculum vitae, including transcripts.
- A letter of reference from the student’s major professor.
- At least one, and up to three other academic or professional letter(s) of reference preferably from an investigator(s) currently engaged in Everglades research.
- Other relevant or supporting work products or documentation (such as published papers, presentations, awards, etc.) could optionally be included.
‣ Scholarship Applications are submitted till July 31, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.