SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are invited for up to 80 Postdoctoral fellowships Programme open to applicants of all nationalities. The EuroTech Universities Alliance invites highly talented experienced researchers to submit interdisciplinary collaborative research project proposals for one of the fellowships provided by the EuroTechPostdoc Programme.
The EuroTechPostdoc Programme is a postdoctoral fellowship programme for young experienced researchers who have already demonstrated excellence and potential in their field of research.
The EuroTech Universities Alliance is a strategic partnership of four leading European universities of science & technology: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Technical University of Munich (TUM). Together they are committed to finding technical solutions, which address the major challenges of modern society. Their intensive collaboration across research, education & innovation support the EU’s goals of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Applicants may apply within one of the five focus research areas of the EuroTech Universities Alliance:
- Health & Bio Engineering
- Smart & Urban Mobility
- Data Science & Engineering
- High-Performance Computing
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the salary scale of the host institution and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum.
- Prolongation of the fellowship is not possible. Should the department wish to employ the fellow after the termination of the EuroTechPostdoc fellowship, a new contract must be drawn.
- Fellowships cannot be granted retroactively.
- Fellowships must start at the latest six (6) months after the decision date.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: The four universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance will grant 80 fellowships divided over two calls for experienced researchers.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark, Switzerland, Netherland, and Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to be able to participate in the evaluation and selection process:
- In agreement with the Horizon 2020: 2016-2017 Work Programme for Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Actions, applicants to EuroTechPostdoc must be Experienced Researchers, namely they must, on the recruitment date (1st call: 1 August 2018; 2nd call: 1 August 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
- Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host university for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full-time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
Additionally, for an application to be considered eligible, the proposals must be supported by an institutional endorsement from both the host and co-host. A standard form and process will be provided in the application portal. You will have to provide the email address of your supervisor and co-supervisor, who then are requested by the programme management office to provide the institutional endorsement. The Institutional endorsement comprises a confirmation of the availability of infrastructure, supervision, and resources to successfully complete the project, and asks for a statement on ethical issues from the host and co-host.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please use the following templates for your application: