In line with the 2017 Edition of the European SME Week , European SME Week Youth Essay Competition 2017 is on. Write an essay of no more than 2,500 words under the heading: “What can the EU do to encourage more young people to become entrepreneurs?” and you could be in with a chance of getting your voice heard on one of Europe’s most pressing economic questions.
The essay competition is part of European SME Week, an annual pan-European campaign to promote entrepreneurship in Europe. The flagship events of the Week are the SME Assembly and the European Enterprise Promotion Awards Ceremony.
- 1st prize: An all expenses paid trip* to the SME Assembly in Bratislava, Slovakia, to present your essay to 600+ Assembly delegates
Presentation training before delivering your work live on stage at the SME Assembly.
- 2nd and 3rd prize: A video of you presenting your essay will be streamed on the event wall at the SME Assembly.
The competition is open to all 16 to 25-year-olds from the European Member States or COSME partners countries.
Eligible Regions: EU Nations.
Submit your essay through given website.
- Essays must not exceed 2,500 words in length.
- All essays must be in English.
- Only one entry per applicant.
- The deadline for submissions is 8 September 2017.
- The winners will be announced in November ahead of SME Week.
Application Deadline: September 8, 2017