Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Program
Applications for the Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Program are now open. This program is open to doctoral students who are working on their dissertations in Library and Information Science, Information Studies, Informatics, or a related field. Six fellows will be selected to receive the award.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society is sponsoring Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship. Beta Phi Mu recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement among library and information studies students. Up to six of these fellowships are awarded each year to doctoral students who are working on their dissertations in Library and Information Science, Information Studies, Informatics, or a related field.
The total amount of up to $18,000 will be given to the winning candidates. Six winners will be chosen and each will get up to $3,000 award amount.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral dissertation research in Library and Information Science, Information Studies, Informatics, or a related field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral-level research program at an institution with ALA, CILIP, or other Beta Phi Mu Executive Board approved accreditation. The pproved accreditations/institutions can be checked through the given link: http://beta-phi-mu.org/membership/
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Current Vita.
- Met your program’s requirements for advancement to candidacy.
- Abstract of the dissertation (300-word limit).
- Letter from Dean or Director indicating dissertation topic has been approved.
- Applicant’s candidacy has been advanced. All requirements for the degree except writing and defense of dissertation have been completed.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement from applicant not to exceed 500 words relating to post-dissertation plans.
15 March 2017.